Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gigabyte Assassin Users

Default Re: Gigabyte Assassin Users

Hi, LSDmeasap,

Cant be the fans becuase if i plug the same fans into fans#2 & 3 and into sys_fans they work fine and bios see's there rpm speed.. the problems is only with head#1

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

They designed Easytune to handle all of that instead, and didn't include them in both BIOS and easytune so users would not be confused.

I do agree though, having those options in the BIOS would be better than in software that many may never install.

Hi LSD,

They are many features missing from this board.. Like Fire-wire, You'd a thought paying over 400 for a board it would have had all available connectivity. And another feature is Ehci hands off for USB.. I found that windows 7 deals with this much better than any mobo bios but for some reason gigabyte have not included this option

Firewire was probably removed because not many people use it, let alone gamers. I have not used that board, but all the other boards have EHCI or XHCI option for USB3 I believe, are you sure it's not there or did you mean for USB 2.0?

Ehci is an option (enable/disable) that allows you to let the OS deal with it using usb3 or usb2. I found with a usb harddrive you almost get a third more in transfer speeds when its disabled in the bios and the OS deals with it. On this board USB is dead slow when is comes to transfer rates.

Thanks, I never knew about that. I do know the other boards have EHCI/XHCI option for USB 3.0 only not USB 2.0 though.

If that is missing for USB 3.0 on this board I'm sure that's probably by accident and they will add it in later, all other board have it so I don't see why this one wouldn't.

Ehci hands off was an option included into Bios's before USB 3 was introduced. To be honest im not sure how well it works with USB3 because i don't use any USB3 devices. I do know that it works very well when disabled in the bios and the OS is allowed to handle it. Example when bios deals with EHCI your USB HDD transfer speeds are around 20ish MB/S. when disabled in bios and OS is allowed to handle your Hdd transfer speeds will reach around 35ish MB/s. As you can see there are huge performance gains when you allow the OS to deal with EHCI.
    Asus Rampage 3 (Black Edition) [Had the Assassin for 10days and so NOT worth the money charged]
    Intel 990x & Koolance CPU-370 Water block
    24GB Corsiar Vengence
    6xWD 500gb RE HDD's Raid0
    2xOptical drives
    2x Nvidia 295's with Aquagrphx Waterblocks.
    Corsiar HX 1000
    Logitech G19 & Logitech Revolution MX
    2x Asus Monitors.

My G1 Assassin doesn't have that problem, and as far as lack of BIOS support for the fan its not a big deal because easytune easily controls it. I have a question is your 120mm fan 4 pin?

I find it halarious that youd return the board over this especially because you could just use an 80mm fan in sys1, and i haven't seen too many boards with fan support on 5 headers.

On the USB 3.0 ordeal, you need to understand if you plug in a USB 2.0 device the board switches to the ICH for native USB 2.0 connectivity, and only when a USb 3.0 device is detected will it use the Nec USB 3.0 controller.

I have never heard of EHCI though.

I also would not return a board over a single wonky fan header, it could be anything causing the issue and that is a VERY minor thing even if it is never fixed for you.

No problems here with USB 2 and not having that BIOS option, I can max out USB 2 speeds no problem

Sorry dude but i don't agree with you on that.. Lets say the board does have a minor defect on the fan header to me that warrants an exchange. If you brought a car brand new and it had a scratch on the bonnet your saying you wouldn't take it back for an exchange? i know a car is on a different scale price wise but the principle remains the same. your purchased item should be sold without ANY defects. that's my opinion.

As far as the USB is concerned. I don't get full speeds because the bios is controlling EHCI and personally i think gigabyte should implement this because the OS deals with it much better than any mobo. I have a few systems here which has an EHCI option within the bios and once disabled i find my Usb Hdd's run alot quicker on thoses boards than they do on this Assassin.

I'm returning the board today. So in a few hours ill be able to tell you if it a defect or a bios problem.

Regards.
    Asus Rampage 3 (Black Edition) [Had the Assassin for 10days and so NOT worth the money charged]
    Intel 990x & Koolance CPU-370 Water block
    24GB Corsiar Vengence
    6xWD 500gb RE HDD's Raid0
    2xOptical drives
    2x Nvidia 295's with Aquagrphx Waterblocks.
    Corsiar HX 1000
    Logitech G19 & Logitech Revolution MX
    2x Asus Monitors.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information