Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green light yellow light. Computer shuts down spontaneously

Default Re: Green light yellow light. Computer shuts down spontaneously

Hi!

OC increases power consumption a lot. Yes, you've got a very powerful PSU, but most of the vital components from this system are very power hungry even at stock. When you load a PSU at full throtle for most of its time, the lifetime of that PSU decreases rapidly.

My advice to you would be to rollback to the default specs of the components and to use the system like that for a while. See if the problem is still present. If not, then start going back to the OC settings. Start with the CPU. Use the system for while and see if the problem still occurs. Then you can move to the GPUs and so on. This way you can find out if the increase in the power consumption of the system(which is connected to the PSU) is(or not) the cause of this issue. Of course, if you can find a good and powerful enough PSU, testing would be a lot easier.

Good luck!

Default Re: Green light yellow light. Computer shuts down spontaneously

I had a very similar issue with my UD5 when I first bought my system. My Multi-Rail 600W OCZ PSU was not at all up to the task. even more so once I got my GTX480...

Vin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information