Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-UD3

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-U

So have you tried a new install DVD and new/different USB stick yet?

If you can't, dont have another USB or something, maybe you could try burning a slipstreamed install DVD with the drivers? If you do, burn at slowest setting.

If you need help making a slipstream DVD let me know and I'll show you how to do that

Default Re: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-U

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    So have you tried a new install DVD and new/different USB stick yet?

If you can't, dont have another USB or something, maybe you could try burning a slipstreamed install DVD with the drivers? If you do, burn at slowest setting.

If you need help making a slipstream DVD let me know and I'll show you how to do that
    Ill get a 8gb+ flash drive so i can install from a windows7 iso slipstreamed with sp1 and the chipset drivers. Should I use rt7lite to build the slipstreamed disc?
    Completely unstable computer, even when underclocked
    Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 rev 2.2, BIOS F5a <-- avoid this mobo like the plague
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz @3.2GHz
    CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1866Mhz @1333Mhz
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
    700 watt PSU
    Blu-Ray

You only need 4GB USB stick, just in case you thought you needed a larger one.

Yes, RT7lite is what I use, and planned to tell you to use.

This piece of crap wont stay running long enough to build a disc image. Playing a movie is asking too much from this unstable junk hardware. I promise never to buy AMD, Corsair, or Gigabyte ever again. I have learned my lesson. Im an Intel guy from now on.
    2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
    700 watt PSU
    Blu-Ray

Gigabyte Intel man!!

Sounds like you should build the image on another system for sure! Instability could be why this is failing to install, but I think the problem would be more random than a driver each time, never know though?

Chike is offline Senior Member

Don't buy Sony either, I had a DOA VAIO, and ASUS is a no no too.
    You think Intel users don't have problems? Check the forum.

What exactly are the problem you having? What memory settings do you use?

Chike, he can't load the RAID drivers during install for some reason? Says file signature are too old, check out the whole thread - I even did some test installs on my end in a virtual environment to test the signature date issue and all worked fine.

So I think maybe this is a install or driver media issue since it seems to work fine for me?

Chike is offline Senior Member

I was just making a point. Every manufactur has defects, and we don't even know which one it is.

I've read most the thread since it's beginning. Since it is so odd there must be a very simple explaination to all this.

My windows 7 install disc has worked fine on all my other builds. But, my flash drive was old. Im configuring a new flash drive with a slipstreamed installer now. What do i set bios to for a usb windows 7 64bit install?

usb-hdd?
    usb-cdrom?
    usb-zip?
    usb-????

thnx
    2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
    700 watt PSU
    Blu-Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    I was just making a point. Every manufactur has defects, and we don't even know which one it is.

I've read most the thread since it's beginning. Since it is so odd there must be a very simple explaination to all this.
    Ahh, I misunderstood you then, sorry.

I thought you asked this, meaning you wanted to know his problem, sounds like it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    What exactly are the problem you having? What memory settings do you use?
    @ Phosphene

To boot from USB be sure Legacy USB and or USB Storage is enabled in the BIOS, then leave USB installed. Then on boot hit F12 to get to the boot menu, then choose HDD+ and then on the next screen choose your USB by name

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information