Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-UD3

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-U

+ Hard Disk
    But you don't need to set it as boot, just select it on the fly, press F12 during boot, and then + Hard Disk, USB woud show as USB 0-0 or HDD 0-0.

Default SOLVED - Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install

A different Windows DVD did the trick. I dunno wtf. My old disc worked fine for 5 years. /shrug

The new windows dvd accepted the AMD RAID drivers. And my OS is on SATA Ports 0-1 now.....instead of the GRAID ports. As I suspected, the crappy GRAID ports were causing most of my instability issues.

Now that the OS RAID is on the AMD SATA ports, controlled by the southbridge, the machine has been very stable. My disk drive gained .4 in windows experience index by moving to the amd sata ports. And I even managed to get my 1866mhz RAM to run over 1666mhz @1872mhz.

thanx for your help and input.
    Last edited by phosphene; 04-10-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Completely unstable computer, even when underclocked
    Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 rev 2.2, BIOS F5a <-- avoid this mobo like the plague
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz @3.2GHz
    CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1866Mhz @1333Mhz
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
    700 watt PSU
    Blu-Ray

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-U

Hey man, I mentioned trying that long ago.... :(

Just giving ya a hard time, I'm glad to hear you finally got it sorted out man!

Awesome to hear your happily overclocking and stable now too, enjoy!! Finally! :)

Default Re: SOLVED - Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install

Quote Originally Posted by phosphene View Post
    A different Windows DVD did the trick. I dunno wtf. My old disc worked fine for 5 years. /shrug
    Have you had AMD with RAID setup before?

This piece of crap wont stay running long enough to build a disc image. Playing a movie is asking too much from this unstable junk hardware. I promise never to buy AMD, Corsair, or Gigabyte ever again. I have learned my lesson. Im an Intel guy from now on.
    I demand a applogy :-) blame Microsoft insead.

Default Re: SOLVED - Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    I demand a applogy :-) blame Microsoft insead.
    LOL! yeah, microsoft sucks. Windblows has always been crashy. I do all my important work on Mac OS(daily driver) The windows machine is just a toy(hot rod)

Yes, i finally got the RAID drivers to load and its a lot more stable. But a 50% increase in stability, from 20%, is still unacceptably unstable. Most the time, it wont even idle overnight without locking up. I'll apologize after this box stays running for a week or so. So far, its' record is about 36 hours. booooo!

This is still gonna be my last(and first) Gigabyte build. The GRAID ports are extremely unstable. Remember, the "G" in "GRAID" stands for Gigabyte. The company doesn't even have its' own support forum. Their RAM support lists are limited. And Gigabyte never responded to my support ticket.
    2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
    700 watt PSU
    Blu-Ray

It's a shame they don't respond, but I can tell you I had several replys from ASUS that were close to useless.
    What are the current instabilities?

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    What are the current instabilities?
    Anything that requires hard drive access has a 50% of freezing the entire system....startup, read/write, defrag, run apps. I have a hard time believing that everything, except the mobo, is crappy.
    2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
    700 watt PSU
    Blu-Ray

Is that on the RAID still? All with stock settings?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

LOL! yeah, microsoft sucks. Windblows has always been crashy. I do all my important work on Mac OS(daily driver) The windows machine is just a toy(hot rod)

Yes, i finally got the RAID drivers to load and its a lot more stable. But a 50% increase in stability, from 20%, is still unacceptably unstable. Most the time, it wont even idle overnight without locking up. I'll apologize after this box stays running for a week or so. So far, its' record is about 36 hours. booooo!

This is still gonna be my last(and first) Gigabyte build. The GRAID ports are extremely unstable. Remember, the "G" in "GRAID" stands for Gigabyte. The company doesn't even have its' own support forum. Their RAM support lists are limited. And Gigabyte never responded to my support ticket.
    GRAID is actually J.Micron controller, not Gigabyte at all and should really only be used for storage where speed and reliability isn't such a big deal.

Gigabyte has several official forums and this is one of them, but there is also German, UK, French, Netherlands, and Russia forums.

Sorry they did not reply to your ticket yet, they are often backed up there. How long ago did you send in the ticket?

Yeah, I still can't get this POS to become stable. Even at stock/underclocked settings, it has severe stability issues.

It'll post, boot, and even run games at most settings....3.2/1333, 3.74/1866, 4.0/1666, 4.0/2000. But the longest itll stay running is a day or 2. And even mildly overclocked, I'm lucky if itll run for an hour.

This motherboard has choked on everything I have thrown at it. And all Ive been throwing at it is its' own drivers.

It choked on my OS disc
    it choked on the RAID drivers
    the Realtek LAN drivers have widespread known issues with torrent checking
    the GRAID SATA ports are junk
    the USB power during shutoff is not powerful enough to charge my iphone4
    the user manual is "general" and is missing many of my board-specific BIOS setting descriptions
    the board is short and misses the end support bolt on my case. This creates a threat of breakage during RAM installation.
    The main SATA bank is directly under the 2nd video card slot.

I'm trying to think of something nice to say about this motherboard, but I can't. I don't even like the color.
    Last edited by phosphene; 04-21-2011 at 09:21 AM.
    2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
    700 watt PSU
    Blu-Ray

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information