Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 black screen on resume from hibernate after power loss

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 black screen on resume from hibernate after power loss

CPU PLL only needs disable if you are using it to obtain a higher CPU multiplier, and thus you can't use that multiplier, because on resume it's disable so that is why it fails.

USB3 fix I have not seen mentioned much except above, but you can easily test that yourself by disabling it and testing.

Be sure you flash your backup BIOS to match the main BIOS, here is a guide on how that is done
    GIGABYTE Tech Daily: Video guide how to update your backup bios on GIGABYTE P67 boards

ako673de is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Re: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 black screen on resume from hibernate after power loss

I have exactly the same problem described in the first post, but with a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard (Windows 7 Ultimate x86). Excuse me if I missed something among the vast amount of threads that exist for this issue, but I gave up reading all of them because they all do not exactly match my problem. This thread is the one that is getting closest! But a solution still doesn't seem to exist, does it? Let me describe my (relevant) hardware first, because that's a short list: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard, USB wireless keyboard/touchpad (at USB2 port), SATA HDD. Maybe previous posters just haven't explicitly written, but for me all standby modes work perfectly, if they are configured to be active, even "Hybrid sleep" works - except when a power failure needs the - let me call it - "prepare-for-hibernate" feature of "Hybrid sleep". My BIOS is latest (F10) and I also tried some tipps I got in other threads (disabling this and that, USB3, Virtualization technology, ...) but the problem persists. Some people say that a certain Windows7 update starts off this misbehaviour but I didn't try this one out - before someone tells me that this and only this is the reason and how to overcome it without a reinstall and disabling of updates. Again, I think it's important that all power saving modes do work, because imho that makes hardware issues of any kind highly unlikely! There must be a difference of some kind between "regular hibernate" and "quasi hiberante" of "Hybrid standby". But which? Any ideas are welcome... best regards ako673de

Default Re: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 black screen on resume from hibernate after power loss

I had the same problem for about a year with my ga-p67x-ud3 b3 board. It would frequently have a black screen on resume from s3 sleep, or often powercycle. This would happen on average of 2-3 times per week. I tried all sort of tricks. Finally I decided to do it systematically by changing 1 voltage setting pretty dramatically at a time and waiting to see if the problem resolves. Increasing CPU pll to 2.2 did not change this problem. Nor did dramatic increases in cpu voltage.

The problem was fixed by increasing system agent to above 1. At 1 the problem became extremely rare and at 1.1ish it completely went away. I recommend if you have sleep problems with an oced board of this type try a sizeable increase in system agent voltage to at least above 1

Quote Originally Posted by Sunburn74 View Post
    I had the same problem for about a year with my ga-p67x-ud3 b3 board. It would frequently have a black screen on resume from s3 sleep, or often powercycle. This would happen on average of 2-3 times per week. I tried all sort of tricks. Finally I decided to do it systematically by changing 1 voltage setting pretty dramatically at a time and waiting to see if the problem resolves. Increasing CPU pll to 2.2 did not change this problem. Nor did dramatic increases in cpu voltage.

The problem was fixed by increasing system agent to above 1. At 1 the problem became extremely rare and at 1.1ish it completely went away. I recommend if you have sleep problems with an oced board of this type try a sizeable increase in system agent voltage to at least above 1
    Ignore what I said. It doesn't work. The problem became rarer but still occurred and further advancements in system voltages didn't help. RAM voltages as well did not help.

I haven't had the problem in about a 2.5 months. I believe the major change was changing my option for PCI mode from auto to gen 1. This seems to make sense as the problem always appeared to be related to the video card somehow.

I recommend trying that. CHanging your pcie option to gen 1 and monitoring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information