Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45T Memtest errors when all 4 slots full. BIOS help please!

Default Re: GA-EP45T Memtest errors when all 4 slots full. BIOS help please!

Thanks guys!

Well yes, stock DDR3 is 1.5V, but what I meant was performance memory for DDR3 when this board came out was 1.7-1.9V...
    Sorry Lsdmeasap I understand now.

Some glimmer of success now at last!...

Is this all at DDR-1333 settings?
    Hi Chike. No this is still at the point of going through ProfJims original post where he suggested a test setup of default settings and:
    System Memory Multiplier ......... : [3.20B] <--- this will test at 1066MHz for now
    Standard Timing Control
    CAS Latency Time......................9
    tRCD .......................................9
    tRP..........................................9
    tRAS........................................24
    Static tRead Value..................... 8 (for memory channels A & B
    Ok well I now have things stable at 1066 - No Memtest errors at all after 15X #5 passes and 6X full passes. This is with the ABOVE settings in the quote, and;

CPU Termination 1.22
    MCH Core 1.2
    DRAM 1.5 (Default)

When running this with default CPU Termination and MCH I was still getting errors; it was only after increasing these a little that it came right at 1066.

So... Now worth trying again at 1333? Sorry to sound like a complete knob but I have no idea what all the settings are in System Memory Multiplier. What is actually the default setting that [Auto] uses? (x.xxA/B/C/D) Or to get it back to 1333 is [Auto] setting here ok?
    And should I be leaving the "Static tRead Value" at 8 for 1333?

As a side note, should "Load-Line Calibration" be enabled? It is not.

Thanks for the wisdom...

Chike is offline Senior Member

LLC is usually not needed at stock settings, you may enable it though, it compensate for vdrrop, the drop of volrage between idle and load.
    Yes leave Static tRead 8 for now, you can try and lower it later if you have succeess with 1333.
    1.2v MCH Core is hiest you have tried? For 8GB you may need more.
    Is DRAM Voltage set auto or manually to 1.5? If it's auto check PC Health for actual value set.

Ok I've set "System Memory Multiplier" back to [Auto] as I don't know what the x.xx? should be. This seems to get me back to 1333 however.

1.2v MCH Core is highest you have tried? For 8GB you may need more
    No have tried up to 1.28 when at 1333 but up till now I haven't gone higher with the CPU Termination in combination with that.
    So about to test that out back at 1333 now.

DRAM Voltage is set manually to 1.5v.

memory DDR = FSB(host clock) x SMM. For 1333 at 333FSB you need a 4 multiplier, the 4.00B is preset for the 333MHz strap.
    Auto should be fine though.
    You can try bit more DRAM voltage, up to 1.575v if needed.

Ok so back at 1333 but with no success.

Tried up to (and many combinations between default and these maximums):

MCH Core 1.34
    CPU Termination 1.24
    DRam 1.58

Still back to loads of errors...

What about slackening off some timings in the RAM somewhere? If so which, and to what?

Or do give up at this point and just run at 1066?

Try and set CPU Termination 1.2v or Normal, then tru MCH Reference 0.74, 0.72, and 0.70, see if it gets any better.
    If it gets worse try 0.8 and 0.84.
    If no go try memory multiplier 4.00D.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

When you adjust MCH Reference mentioned above, be sure you then adjust your CPU termination back up after you are done adjusting MCH Ref.

You just have to set CPU term to 1.2, then adjust MCH Ref, then change CPU term back to what you want to try (MCH Ref will auto adjust as you change CPU termination).

Memory straps, the letter after the multiplier number, should be chosen based on what FSB you are using.

Here is what they all are, if you are using 333 or above FSB you use B, if using 400 or above use D, ect.

If you want to slack some timing off for testing you should try tRD 9 for both channels and set the Driving Strength profiles for each channel to the speed you are running or one step above that.

tRTP 4-5 may help too if you are not already using them, and tRFC 88-98 should be plenty loose enough (these last two wont matter as much as the above ones will)

Try and set CPU Termination 1.2v or Normal, then tru MCH Reference 0.74, 0.72, and 0.70, see if it gets any better.
    If it gets worse try 0.8 and 0.84.
    If no go try memory multiplier 4.00D.
    Tried adjusting MCH Ref up and down but to no avail. No noticeable difference in quantity of errors.
    Haven't tried raising the memory multiplier yet!

If you want to slack some timing off for testing you should try tRD 9 for both channels and set the Driving Strength profiles for each channel to the speed you are running or one step above that.
    tRTP 4-5 may help too if you are not already using them, and tRFC 88-98 should be plenty loose enough (these last two wont matter as much as the above ones will)
    Set tRD both channels to 9, tRTP was default 5 and in [Auto] but manually set it to that anyway, and set tRFC to 88.

Anyways over a few short runs it's looking good so far but I'll leave it running overnight with some full passes and report back. I assume just loosening the timings makes less of a performance dent than running the whole she-bang at 1066...

...and set the Driving Strength profiles for each channel to the speed you are running or one step above that.
    Why would I be unable to change from anything other than [Auto] here?
    Last edited by gromit; 04-11-2011 at 09:29 PM. Reason: updated

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Tried adjusting MCH Ref up and down but to no avail. No noticeable difference in quantity of errors.
    Haven't tried raising the memory multiplier yet!
    Was that with VTT at 1.2v and the values I wrote?
    What is default tRFC?

Quote Originally Posted by gromit
    Why would I be unable to change from anything other than [Auto] here?
    That's fine, DDR3 does not have this option.

The default tRFC is 74.

Hmm... Think I tried them at the stock vtt of 1.2 but now I'm second guessing as I did also try raising vtt in conjunction with raising lowering the MCH Ref, so to be sure will retest today.

On a side not my overnight memtest run with all the loosened timings got all of 4 complete passes in about 7 hours but I still got one error on test #7.
    Last edited by gromit; 04-12-2011 at 05:43 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information