Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-P67A-UD4 wont boot

Default Re: GA-P67A-UD4 wont boot

luckly im still awake.

Ive taken it out of the case and rested it on the box it came in and yes it still does it and yes it does it with both types of keyboard. its almost like it just doesnt recognise the keyboards.

I havent used a screwdriver to test it but im pretty sure its not that due to the fact the case has worked fine before but ill test the screwdriver when i get the cheap ram. I think the board is dead to be honest but i still hope

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

That is on the box correct, not on the anti-static bag on the box right? Box only please, no bag, just to clarify :)

Well since you think the panel wiring is ok, it might be. Since you have it out of the case you could easily test now if you want, just unplug all the front panel power and USB wires and then see if you get the same with a screwdriver.

Please take some images of the CPU socket once you get a chance too, it could just be 1-2 bent pins causing this, and you may be able to fix that easily instead of waiting on a RMA.

yea just the box i know not to put it on the bag. Ive tested it with just the front panal switch and no other header cables plugged in same thing,

Ill try and take a picture although not sure how it will come out with my cam phone. i did check when i took the cpu out to pack the mobo away and to clean the cpu and i couldnt see any.

Cool, just checking to be sure

So phone camera is all you have? If so ok, I just thought you meant a cheaper regular one. Try to take a bunch, then pick through the ones you think are better and then post them here. We are looking to see the tops of the pins, or even all the gold dots if that is a good as your camera will take them.

Just be sure you are not "too" close as that can make the pics worse than they actually should be. Since it is a phone, you might also want to go ahead and try a few with flash too in case they turn out better.

Take them from an angle, looking from the side towards the socket, not from directly above.

Right i took some pictures. Not sure how useful they are but here you go. I looked at the socket and i couldnt see any bent pins anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images GA-P67A-UD4 wont boot-wp_000052-jpg 

Heres another
    Attached Images Attached Images GA-P67A-UD4 wont boot-wp_000053-jpg 

And another
    Attached Images Attached Images GA-P67A-UD4 wont boot-wp_000051-jpg 

Those images look like the might be of some use but they are too small right now, I need to see the full image not sized down, can you repload them to here (or any image host) and just post the direct URL
    imgur: the simple image sharer

Make sure "Resize" is not checked if the image host offers it (Photobucket/Imageshack)

Ok heres my next attempt!lol

Photo Album - Imgur

Thanks, very blurry, but I believe I do see several bent pins.

First set is looks like 3 pins bent out of place (Right side top of image below), and the other two circled areas on the left look mangled and or tips broken off, I can see this in all images but just circled them in this one as it best showed the other section.

http://i.imgur.com/pwCAC.jpg

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information