Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: GA-P67A-UD4 wont boot

Default Re: GA-P67A-UD4 wont boot

You could go through retailer for cpu rma,and gigabyte should accept returns if place of purchase refuses,you might be better off ringing gigabyte first,and Yh they usually charge you if they test it and no fault found
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks i sent a email to GByte so ill see what they reply with. The thing with scan is im starting to feel like they r trying to find reason not to refund my stuff or replace it. Might sound silly but ive had 2 refunds so far on parts for this machine due to faults so maybe they dont want to do anymore. Ill see what they reply with in regards to the msi and decide from there if i dont like what they say then i may go down the intel RMA route instead.

just want to say thanks for all the help from you guys hopefully ill have a working system soon...!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Intel you can just chat with or call on the phone, chat is generally best. Just be ready to answer the lame questions and let them know you are not a noob and have already properly troubleshooted everything.

Intel chat for RMA is here, keep in mind you have not overclocked the CPU and have used their heatsink only (Hint hint)
    Part Replacement

This happened to me, but I was able to get my machine to boot by using the keyboard which came with an imac. Neither of my logitech keyboards would work. They did work temporarily after I removed SetPoint software, but the problems came back. My system is fine as long as I run it 24/7, even with Folding and gaming (never BSOD). If I reset the computer for installing updates it is fine, just not when doing a cold boot up it has problems.

I also had some issues with upgrading firmware (P67A-UD4 - Unable to flash BIOS (Windows 7 64-bit)), which have still not gone away, but I don't really have any reason to change my system. I did contact where I bought my motherboard (Mwave) and they said to contact the motherboard manufacturer about the recall. Interesting that if I did not read this board and tech sites, I would not have even heard about the recall. Not sure if it is worth RMA'ing since the machine has been strong for a month.

You should setup a swap as soon as you can, before it's too late!
    GIGABYTE

The older B2 boards can kill hard drives, and there was massive news about all this when Intel announced the recall back in January. You are right, people that don't read daily tech news sites or visit computer related forums may not have heard or may never hear about the recall. Haha, would be funny to see a TV Commercial about it :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You should setup a swap as soon as you can, before it's too late!
    GIGABYTE

The older B2 boards can kill hard drives, and there was massive news about all this when Intel announced the recall back in January. You are right, people that don't read daily tech news sites or visit computer related forums may not have heard or may never hear about the recall. Haha, would be funny to see a TV Commercial about it :)
    I might just buy a pci-e sata card. They are only around $25 and I only have my dvd drive on the bad port. I have two hard drives on the USB 3 ports and they are working fine. I do not see adding any more hard drives since I have a lot of room anyway. I am worried about removing my heatsink (Thermalright Silver Arrow) since this is my first build and I have no other computer to fall back on.

You can use the 6Gb/s ports for your hard drives if you want, no need to have them connected via USB unless that is what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You can use the 6Gb/s ports for your hard drives if you want, no need to have them connected via USB unless that is what you wanted.
    Sorry, meant to say 6Gb/s ports not usb 3...

Got my board back today and i got a photo from scan for it.

Have to say i can bearly see the two scratchs on the photo let alone on the board and im now 100% sure i didnt cause them so i think theres a good chance they were done in transit or this board is actually a return from someone. Scan say i should have checked the board all over when i got it but to be honest they are almost impossible to see when you look at the whole board.

What do i do now? Shall i include the picture with my RMA request and ask Gigabyte if they will fix it or replace it or are they going to say they wont touch it now?

Also Scan sent the board back without it being in its anti static bag the bag was just left on top of the box so im pretty anoyed about that.
    Attached Images Attached Images GA-P67A-UD4 wont boot-picture-jpg 

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information