Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: GA-P67A-UD4 wont boot

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P67A-UD4 wont boot

So you sent them in the full retail box too? If so, then ya you would never know if you got the same board back unless you have an image of the serial somewhere. If you took images of the board see if you still have them, serial is on the 24 pin connector.

Ya, it doesn't look damaged to me, I mean actual damage that would cause problems as the copper traces would need to be opened or cut and that would be much easier to see in an image or in person.

Is this a B2 board? If so you can RMA/swap for B3 anyway, no matter what if anything is wrong with your B2 boards.

I asked about B2 as well, just because of your title on this thread, you didn't specify -B3 which the B3 model would have after the UD4 - (GA-P67A-UD4-B3)

Ya, they would be able to tell for sure by the serial number, you should be able to as well kinda by the date of the serial. What is the first four digits of the serial number, after SN? This is year and then week (two digits for each)

If it's before February then it's B2, if it's after February then it's B3

According to the box and the board its B3 but the serial means it was made at the end of February so yea must be B2

By the end of February B3 boards were shipping, so it sounds like it's B3.

Know what BIOS you were using, or have a copy of the last one you flashed? I guess that wouldn't really matter now, especially if they sent you a board that wasn't yours!

Check your order details, and see if you ordered a B3 or not, that would help for sure because if you didn't and just ordered a UD4 then you'll know for sure they pulled a board switch on you. I'm wondering if they maybe did, since you didn't mention B3 in your initial posting, can you remember for sure if you had B3 or not before?

I have no idea about bios as i never got to see it. The box says B3 and the board and the invoice i sent and the RMA formed i filled in. I think the first one i got was a B3 but to ne honest ive looked at some many boards now i have no idea.

Only thing i can think of is that there must have been a mix up at the factory and a few B3 boards are actually B2 or something

Some are b2 stamped but have newer b3 mb chipsets,I think if I remember reading it somewhere? Makes sense as its only the p67 chipset that's faulty and not the whole mb,heard anything back from gigabyte yet?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well they replied this morning to say that the returns dept are the ones sorting it and a special list is being drawn up and they will contact me in the next couple of weeks. they said it depends how long it takes intel to supply the bits so just gotta wait now.

Well if they stamped some B2 and they are B3 then its pretty easy to imagine some Stamped B3 are actually B2 then! all very odd but ill leave it up to them now

Thought i would update with what has happend.

In the end it seems the CPU was faulty so i got a replacement and i used that with the MSI board and it all works fine been using it for around a week now as it took Scans courier 5 attempts to pick it up in the first place. GByte replaced my board on Friday so ive now got a brand new B3 board that i have no use for. I asked Scan if they would take it back as a gesture of good will and they refused and blamed Gbyte for the fact i was sold a defective board in the first place. I pointed out that they are correct ultimately they are responsible for what they sell me but they refused that and any compensation. That means its taken close to 2 and half months to get this sorted. Ive had 4 faulty parts and i spent 30 on phone calls to Scan and they think that is all ok. As you can see i wont be buying from them again and i suggest other people stay away for them.

Oh well at least its all sorted ive got the Gbyte board on Ebay now but not sure what to do if it doesn't sell i could build anther system for now for only around 300

Thanks for the update! Sorry to hear about the CPU, but at least now you know what the problem was :(

I've heard bad things about Scan in the past too, and I'm not even over there :)

I'm sure that board will sell on ebay! (Or you could sell the MSI and keep the Giga, I know I would!)

Good luck either way with the sale and enjoy your working system

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information