Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P67A-UD3-B3 Reboot Loop

Default P67A-UD3-B3 Reboot Loop

*The title should have been p67A-UD3-B3 not p66.*

Specs:
    i5 2500k
    p67A-UD3-B3 Gigabyte motherboard
    GTX 560 ti graphics card
    650 Watt NZXT PSU
    4 GB GSKILL Rip Jaws ram
    Coolermaster Hyper 212 heatsink

I have had the computer since January. Everything was working fine until I RMA'd the motherboard due to the sandy bridge mobo SATA issues. I have recently got it back (1 week ago) and everything seemed to be perfect.

Upon booting when I reassembled it last week and the CPU was running around 25 degrees C in BIOS and mid 50s during heavy loads. Then today it suddenly came up with a blue screen (had an error message but it went off very quickly so I didn't get to read what it said). I tried to turn my computer back on and it boots for about 2 seconds then it turns off and repeats (reboot loop). I then took apart everything, replaced the hyper 212 with the stock heatsink and it still had the same effect.

I have tried booting it with no ram, graphics card, and SATA connections and it still does the same thing and it doesn't beep or anything to give me a clue as to what is wrong.

Any suggestions on what to do next? RMA again?
    Last edited by Gracken; 04-12-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Error in title

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: P66A-UD3-B3 Reboot Loop

Have you tried to clear CMOS?

Default Re: P66A-UD3-B3 Reboot Loop

Yes, I followed what they said to do (Place a metal object on the clear CMOS jumper) for a few seconds while the power is off and no luck. I still have the same problem.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: P67A-UD3-B3 Reboot Loop

Title fixed for you!

Tru finding a jumper, like from the back of an old IDE drive, and put a jumper on the pins for 20 minutes or so to fully clear the CMOS. Before you do this please unplug the power supply from the wall or board, then press and hold the case power on button for one minute, then remove the battery and put the jumper on the clear CMOS pins and wait.

Once you get it going again you should update the BIOS to the latest, then flash the backup BIOS to match the main using ALT + F12 at startup (Here's a video about this)

Thread Information