Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Reset and power button issue even after bios upgrade

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Reset and power button issue even after bios upgrade

You don't buy 1600 memory just to use it at 1333, don't give up too quickly.

I haven't played with the memory settings yet but just to answer some questions (that were in the OP and title :P )

I'm using the B3 board and I did the latest BIOS upgrade (f3?).

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Is this official or a rumor? If this is true they should have recalled the motherboards not RMA them.
    This is BTW a B3 board.... at least accorting to the thread title.
    There was a recall, a massive one that will cost Intel Millions. All B2 boards have been recalled by all manufacturers, some call is RMA, some call it swap for B3, ect but it's all part of the Intel Recall.

Sorry Tamerax, looks like my post was meant for another thread since I replied about Mwave wanting you to RMA and you didn't mention that at all.

Did you update the backup BIOS when you flashed the BIOS? If not you should go ahead and do that so they match, press ALT + F12 on startup, here's a video on how to do this
    GIGABYTE Tech Daily: Video guide how to update your backup bios on GIGABYTE P67 boards

Does that happen without a hard drive connected?

i tried to get the backup bios updated but i couldn't get in for some reason. i tried a couple of times and then gave up. i'll try again once I reconnect that computer again.

i tried my tests but with and without a hard drive.

thanks everyone for taking the time to assist me :)

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

If you are still having trouble backing up the back up bios hold the ALT down and continually tapping the F12 key when you here the first start up beep (if you have speaker connected to motherboard)
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Chike is offline Senior Member

The time to hit any key or combination is after the keyboard lights flash.

I have the same motherboard (bought a month ago) and same CPU, just different memory.

From what I read, i haven't seen anything that would warrant a recall. I think you just need some minor BIOS tweaking. I did notice the 1st time i setup my PC, I had to get use to when to press the DEL button to get into the BIOS. Also, I had to get use to what it does when it resets...it seems to turn off everything when it resets rather than just the screen saying it's resetting. I have G.Skill 2133 running fine in mine. I think you should be able to get the memory running at 1600 without issue. I know mine started at 1333 before I switched to Profile1 in the memory bios screen. I took some pictures of each bios screen after I got it stable so I knew a good base to start tweaking from (also, what to set things back to if I get myself into a mess). This BIOS has the auto setting all over the place that seems to work well.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

The recall I was referring to does not affect "B3" boards, this was an Intel recall on the early P67 (B2) boards, see here for more information on the recall
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...herboards.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information