Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GIgabyte M6800 Mouse - scroll doesn't work?

Default GIgabyte M6800 Mouse - scroll doesn't work?

Is anyone here using a Gigabyte mouse? I just got the M6800 and it's great, but the scroll wheel doesn't work with all apps (specifically WinAmp). I've been looking all over, but it seems like these mice aren't popular enough to have a big following where people have found solutions to small problems like this.

I updated the Gigabyte drivers.
    I deleted my old drivers (Logitech).
    I tried the "Advanced Wheel Mouse Mode" and "MS-IntelliMouse Compatible Mode" in the mouse's options
    I even tried updating to Intellipoint 8 hoping for a Hail Mary.

Nothing seems to fix the scroll wheel malfunction in certain programs. But the scroll wheel DOES work with Firefox, Excel, etc..., it just seems quirky with certain apps. I even tried downloading a new music app to replace Winamp, but scroll didn't work in that one either. Any tips would be appreciated!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIgabyte M6800 Mouse - scroll doesn't work?

Hmm, there may be users with that mouse, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention it.

Of course since this is mainly a support forum, people don't often talk about their mice unless there is an issue and you look to be the first to notice this issue with that mouse.

Sounds like you have just about tried everything you can, so not sure what else you can do? Did you try older Intellipoint drivers instead of new?

You could start a ticket with support and see if they can help test and figure this out
    GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Appreciate the response LSD. I just switched to Windows Media Player instead of WinAmp. All other programs seem fine, so it's just something with WinAmp (and there have been mouse/scroll) issues with WinAmp and all kinds of mice for years. I'm not going to bother researching further. I will keep that support ticket idea in mind though, if I notice anything else funky.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ahh, so maybe it's an issue only Winamp can deal with then?

If you find out any fix please post back here if you remember, that way if anyone else is looking later they can find your reply, thanks!

Thread Information