Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-P67A-UD4-B3 shutdown issue

Default GA-P67A-UD4-B3 shutdown issue

Can anyone help me with this issue.

Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 f3 bios
    Intel Core i5-2500K 3.30GHz
    Corsair XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz
    ATI Radeon HD5700

Fresh Windows7 Pro. 64bit install. All drivers up to date.
    When I press the Windows shutdown button the machine goes through
    the process; turns itself off. Then within 2 seconds turns back on
    and reboots.

At present I have to pull power cord from PSU to turn machine off.

I thought I had disabled all options to wake up the machine in the BIOS; have I missed any?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-P67A-UD4-B3 shutdown issue

Clean install is the only thing I think I've ever seen that fixed this issue.

Did you flash the backup BIOS to match the Main, shouldn't matter on this, but it would be wise to do
    GIGABYTE Tech Daily: Video guide how to update your backup bios on GIGABYTE P67 boards

Open a command prompt and enter the following command and see if it shuts down and stays shut down
    shutdown -s -f

The command prompt produced the same response as I currently have.

My backup BIOS is matched to the Main. I had seen your video the other day and followed it through. Thanks, it was a great help.

I'll try a fresh install see if that fixes it.

Just checking in, how did the clean install go?

When you do the clean install, do not use Express Install on the Motherboard install CD/DVD, and do not manually install any drivers you are not using.

All you need is Intel Chipset/RST drivers, Audio and LAN from the CD, and I'd actually suggest downloading those directly instead anyway as they would be the latest

Chipset (Get the EXE)
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...?ProductID=816

RST (AHCI/RAID Drivers)
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear...age+Technology

Realtek Audio
    Realtek

Realtek LAN
    Realtek

I'll get you USB 3 drivers later if you need them, but go ahead and wait to install those until you can sort out this issue (You can also wait on the LAN/Audio too unless you need them now)

Have completed a clean install but system still refuses to stay shutdown.

All drivers were obtained from Gigabyte site. I have just installed the newer chipset driver but have left the remaining drivers at present.

Hmm, ok try this and see if it helps!

Use only one stick of memory, IE Remove one. Then shut down the system, or unplug from the wall I guess we need to do. Unplug the power supply from the wall, then unplug the 8 and 24 pin cables from the board, then press and hold the case power on button for one minute. Then remove the CMOS battery from the board, and put a jumper on the Clear CMOS pins, then let it sit like that overnight, or at least 4-8 hours. Then put the battery back in, and connect all the power cables again, still using only one stick of memory turn on the system and go into the BIOS and load optimized defaults, then save/apply/reboot F10 back to the BIOS. Once in the BIOS this time set your memory voltage to spec and set the hard drive settings you need such as AHCI, ect, then reboot to windows and shut down the board once in windows and see if the issue still persists.

Leave the memory multiplier/XMP settings alone. If the board then shuts down now, try adding back your second stick and test again, if all is well slowly set your settings back in the BIOS one at a time with a boot to windows and shut down in between changes until you find the one causing the issue.

Do you happen to have RAID enabled, and Turbo enabled? If so, try disable turbo for a quick test and see if that solves it, I know there was a few X58 BIOS that if Intel RAID was enabled and Turbo there was funny issues like this, so test that first if it applies and then if no luck try the above.

Hi Folks, I'm new here so please go easy. I have the exact same problem with my setup. I shut down the PC and walked out of the office thinking I was done for the night when a few minutes later I noticed the glow from the monitor. I walked in and the log-in screen was up on the monitor. It also does it if I try and put it to sleep. So if I'm reading the previous posts correctly - I should reset the CMOS. IS that about right? Thanks, Richard

Chike is offline Senior Member

Clearing CMOS would do not harm, load optimized defaults after you do, and set disk boot priority/RAID before you start windows.
    If this doesn't help start device manager and check the network adapter power options, either disable wake on lan or enable only magic packet to wake up.

The shutdown issue I encountered is solved; the front panel PW cable had only gone on one of the pins (my fault, even with my glasses on) once this was corrected, machine stays shutdown.

Other issues still remain :-
    If I connect CPU fan to board CPU fan header I get constant reboots, only getting as far as Logo screen.
    If I connect the CPU fan to PSU via Molex adapter the reboots don't happen.
    When I load Optimized default settings I can only use one stick of Ram. Putting both sticks in causes reboot problems.
    In addition, any changes to Optimized BIOS settings cause reboot problems.
    Under Fail-Safe settings both sticks can be used and system starts and works normally.

Nice to hear you got that sorted out! Wonder why that would affect in windows shut down via command/button, you'd think it couldn't really since you wouldn't be using the case switch.

have you tested other fans on the header, or that fan on another header? I'd test both actually and see what you find.

As for your optimized and memory issues, when you load optimized are you setting the memory speed and timings, voltages, and Vtt voltage yourself? You probably need to, even if using XMP you may need to adjust Vtt voltage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information