Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: G1 Sniper Fan Header problems: Sys1 and Sys3

Default G1 Sniper Fan Header problems: Sys1 and Sys3

I'm considering RMAing my Sniper board because of issues with Sys1 and Sys3 fan headers. Before I pull it out of my system (I'm lazy) I wanted to confirm that other users have successfully used Sys1 and Sys3 fan headers and that they operate properly (i.e., full voltage to fans, RPMs are being read, and they are controllable.)

I'm wondering if this is a systemic issue with the Sniper variant of these boards or just a problem with my particular board.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Raven RV03 / Gigabyte G1.Sniper / 990x / 12GB RAM / 3 x 580 GTX / 2 x 250GB 510 & 3 x 160GB X-25M Intel SSDs / Antec HCP 1200W

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: G1 Sniper Fan Header problems: Sys1 and Sys3

I have not heard any issues like you mention, so it could be your board, BIOS, or the fans you are using. Did you test the latest BIOS yet? If not do that now, then if it's the same issues you should really open the case and test with a few other fans on those ports to be sure the fans themselves are not the issue.

Also, be sure you are using the latest Easytune

Latest BIOS and Easytune were installed prior to me reporting the isssue. Several fans were tested. It is just the two particular headers.
    Raven RV03 / Gigabyte G1.Sniper / 990x / 12GB RAM / 3 x 580 GTX / 2 x 250GB 510 & 3 x 160GB X-25M Intel SSDs / Antec HCP 1200W

Hello I'm new here and I have this same motherboard too.. Could somebody explain to me what is being talked about here I do not understand? Other words I am a nood. The reason I'm asking is I want to understand what to look out for so my board don't get damaged in the future. Or is there any danger of this happening?
    Attached Images Attached Images G1 Sniper Fan Header problems:  Sys1 and Sys3-photo283-jpg 

I'm having a problem with two of the five fan headers on my motherboard. It is likely just a problem with my particular board. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thread Information