Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-M68M-S2P: PCIe video not working

Default Re: GA-M68M-S2P: PCIe video not working

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that yesterday. But they said since it was within the company's return policy window that I had to RMA through them. I shipped it back today so I just have to sit and wait it out.

Thanks to everyone for the help. I'll update the thread in a week or two with the results.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well sorry to hear it wouldn't ever work, hopefully it's just a bad slot and RMA fixes it all up for you!

Did you RMA the board only?

Yes I only sent the board.

I got the RMA test results back and they say the motherboard is good. So at this point I'm guessing the video card just isn't compatible. If I can't return it then I'll probably just sell it. My old Asus motherboard was accepted by Asus and is being repaired. I emailed Gigabyte about compatibility and I am waiting on a response. But as of a week ago they didn't know of any issues, at least the person I was dealing with didn't.

This is regarding your RMA
    Item: [GIGABYTE GA-M68M-S2P Socket AM2+/ GeForce 7025/ A&V&GbE/ MATX Motherboard]
    Part#: [MB-M68M-2P]

Our technicians have tested the Mother Board to be NOT defective. Our technicians have tested your motherboard with 2 different CPUs, video cards, and no trouble was found. The report was tested with 1. Asus EN9600GT PCI-E video card + AMD Athlon Dual Core X4400 CPU, and 2. On-board video + AM3 Phenom II X4 810 CPU. Please see attached file.

Our technicians have not seen any compatibility issues regarding your video card (BFG 9800GT EcoIntelligence) with the motherboard. They also said that 650W is plenty of power to run the card.

At this point we will return the original item back to you. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Do you remember if it had the latest BIOS?

Yes the BIOS was up to date. In fact it was shipped with the latest BIOS rev. I think the rev was "FC".

Edit:
    I got a reply from Gigabyte. They offered to do further testing on the board if I want to send it to them. Unfortunately I can not afford to keep throwing money a this problem. The board only costs $50 and I have already spent $32 in shipping fees. I'll just resell it at this point.
    Last edited by semc; 05-28-2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Update

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Sorry to hear!

Be sure they know exactly what model the card is though, so they can test later when/if they have a chance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information