Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GA-M68M-S2P: PCIe video not working

Exclamation GA-M68M-S2P: PCIe video not working

I just bought the GA-M68M-S2P. On-board video works, the PCIe does not. My video card is BFG GeForce 9800GT. This is the "ECO" model that uses less power and therefore does not require the additional power cable (there isn't even a connector for it). I have a Samsung 2253BW LCD monitor with both digital and analog cables. I reused all the parts from my previous system except the old motherboard because it had boot problems. I know the video card works as it was running just a couple hours ago. I do not have an extra card laying around that can be used for testing. Both the 20 pin and the 4 pin power connectors are firmly seated in the motherboard.

Yes, I have tried both digital outputs on the video card.

BIOS Settings:
    All BIOS settings are default.
    "Onboard GPU" is set to "enable if no ext PEG"
    "Init display first" is set to "PEG"

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by semc; 05-13-2011 at 10:23 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-M68M-S2P: PCIe video not working

Try setting the BIOS onboard GPU to PEG directly and see if that helps.

If not, then I'd update the BIOS to the latest next and see if that resolves the issue. Also, on any BIOS, be sure you are starting by loading optimized defaults, then rebooting back to the BIOS to make your needed changes.

Thanks for the reply.

I did try setting the BIOS to PEG and it didn't work. My BIOS was already the latest revision when purchased and I have loaded optimized defaults.

I emailed Gigabyte tech support and their only suggestion so far was to try out a different video card but I don't have another card to try. A suggestion from another forum was to try a new power supply to see if it helps even though I am drawing less power then my PSU can supply. It should arrive in a couple days and I will update the thread after I try it out.

What power supply are you using anyway?

Yes, that would be ideal if you could test another card in this system, even and older PCI card would work. If you can't find a card to test with, can you maybe test this card in another system instead, that would work as well to see if it's faulty or not.

I managed to get the old motherboard to power on and confirmed the my PCIe video card does work.

I am using a 650w PSU. The PCIe slot still does not work. I installed an old PCI video card in a PCI slot and that does work. At this point I am assuming it will be an RMA.

Ahh sorry to hear, but sounds like you at least found the problem!

Sounds like a faulty PCIe slot, if you need help setting up a RMA let me know.

Thanks for the help. I just bought it last week so I emailed the place of purchase for an RMA number. It has to ship from NJ to CA and they have a long turn around time. So it looks like I'll be down for a while. I'll update the thread if it turns out to be something other then a dead PCIe slot.

What shop was it? If Newegg then it should only be a week or less maybe after they receive your board back.

I wish you a speedy RMA no matter who you have to RMA through!

Newegg didn't have a board that I would be able to use with the older hardware I had, so I ordered from another place...unfortunately. Newegg is awesome and I wish I had been able to order from them. They are always the fist place I go to look for parts. Even when they cost more and I have to pay tax I still order from them because of the great customer service.

I don't generally name names on forums when I have bad things to say about the places unless it's a complaint forum. It's been 2 days and still no RMA number. I will be calling them when they open in a couple hours . They also state RMA testing is 7-10 days. I'm losing money every day that system is down and I'm pissed! Since the old motherboard is now completely dead I can use that to get the system running.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Maybe you can get better RMA from GB, they may be convinced to send you a replacement bfor you ship yours I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information