Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: P43-ES3G BSOD Problems...

Unhappy P43-ES3G BSOD Problems...

Ok! Let me first try to clear things up to possibly help narrow down the cause...

MB: P43-ES3G
    CPU: Q6600 @ 3.2 400x8
    RAM: 4x XMS2 6400 DDR2 800

I am experiencing random BSOD's which are either irql_not_less_or_equal OR memory_management. These happen if I am at stock speeds or overclocked. It doesn't seem to matter which.

I have done hours and hours of research online to try and find a solution. The only two answers I could find were either faulty RAM or bad device driver related. Both of these possible causes I've addressed and tested. Each stick of ram has passed extensive testing without fail, and all my drivers are certified and up to date.

After some frustration, I went digging around in the bios settings for answers. I noticed a couple things.

1. My memory timings were all set to (auto)
    - Could incorrect timings cause these problems? If I set them manually - to what? I know the RAM is rated for 5-5-5-12, but this alone didn't solve anything, and I can't find ANY information as to what advanced timings/settings I should use for my RAM.

2. The only voltages changed were for the vcore because of the OC
    - Now, considering that I experience these BSOD's regardless of overclocking or not, I could rule out a low vcore voltage as the source. However, I did read online that it is necessary to increase the NB voltage by .1 when using a full 4 sticks of RAM. This could explain why I get these blue screens even at stock voltages. I tried increasing the MCH to 1.2v, and (if i'm not crazy) it does seem more stable, for longer periods of time, but it still inevitably hits the same BSOD's.

I -could- up it another .1 to 1.3v, but I'm curious to know if that would produce unsafe temperatures for the NB. Apparently, this board has no sensor on the NB, so I would have no way of knowing what the temps actually are.

Any help? I'm pulling my hair out over this mess.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Default Re: P43-ES3G BSOD Problems...

Did you load optimized bios defaults before you made any bios changes?
    Are you using the latest bios for your motherboard?

Check out http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post295784, post #5 for basic stock settings.

We can best help you if your provide all of the requested information in steps 1 - 4 in the link.

Copy the generic bios template into a plain text editor (e.g. Notepad), fill in your current settings, and post your filled in template. Accuracy is important!!

You might have a bad memory slot and you might need to test using:
    • slots 1 and 3 only
    • slots 2 and 4 only
    • and possibly testing only one memory module in each of the four slots
    Don't do these last three steps just yet, as your problem is probably with your bios settings.

Please describe in detail which stress/stability tests you have run and the version number of each test program.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Thread Information