Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: z68 ud7 doesn't boot after oc BSOD

Unhappy z68 ud7 doesn't boot after oc BSOD [Solved]

Hi.

I was fiddling around with ocing my rig, going for 4.5ghz at 1.26 VCore and RAM forced to 1600 from 2133 at standard 1.65 voltage, and had just started a default prime95 stresstest when I recieved a BSOD errorcode ending in 101 (vcore problem right?).

Now it can't stay on. The power comes on for a few seconds but shuts itself off and keeps rebooting. The screen remains turned off during this. There is no beep, but the error code on the MB says C1.

I've tried pressing the reset CMOS button multiple times, with power and cord off, without result. I was under the impression this board would automatically load a second BIOS if the first one failed anyhow?

Anyway here are my stats

HAF X Chassis with standard 4 fans
    Intel 2600k
    Corsair 1200W PSU
    Noctua NH-D14 Cooler
    GA-Z68-UD7-B3
    Geforce 470 SLI (also tried with an old 290)
    G.skill Ripjaws-X F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD (2133 9-11-9-28-2N)

BIOS F7d (beta)
    Windows 7 64bit
    All updated drivers

I've been running it for a week stable at 4ghz with Vcore at 1.16, and DRAM voltage at 1.64 (1.65 on label). I had set RAM to run at 1600, though its capable of 2133.

Airflow is good, going in from the front and exiting the back. While stresstesting at 4ghz the CPU temp would hover around 50 degrees Celsius.

So to recap: Attempted to push a 2600k to 4.5ghz using vcore 1.26 on BIOS F7d, with proper cooling. A few seconds after starting prime95 stresstest I got a BSOD errorcode ending in 101. Attempted restart, but system would go into a boot loop, never reaching POST. Attempted to reset CMOS, but problem persists. Have inspected and replaced thermal paste, and have tried using a different GPU with no success. Mobo errorcode shows C1. No beeps.

I hope someone can give me some hints on what to do.
    Last edited by thorborn; 06-08-2011 at 06:51 AM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: z68 ud7 doesn't boot after oc BSOD

Press the reset CMOS button for 20-30 seconds, then try to boot with one memory stick.

Problem seems to be solved for now. I'll write what I did. Also ty for advice Chike.

Used only 1 ram module, no effect. Pressed reset cmos button for 30sec, no effect. Removed battery for 1 minute, no effect. Removed battery, then after 10 secs pressed cmos reset for 30 sec, I saw a glimpse of POST and heard 1 short beep but then cycle continued. Repeated previous method, only having battery out for 10 minutes instead. This seemed to do the trick, or perhaps it was a combined result of all the attempts.

Hopefully it wont happen again, pretty scary stuff.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Good to hear it's solved.
    Yes sometimes extended BIOS CLEAR is needed even though some nelieve it's a voodoo.
    Can't argue with success though :)

Thread Information