Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 cannot upgrade BIOS from F2 to F4

Default GA-P67A-UD3-B3 cannot upgrade BIOS from F2 to F4

I currently have the F2 version of the bios. I looked up on the gigabyte website, the F4 version is out. I wanted to update the bios.
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-UD3-B3 (rev. 1.x)
    I downloaded the mb_bios_ga-p67a-ud3-b3_f4.exe, ran it. It extracts 3 more files

autoexec.bat
    FLASHSPI.EXE
    mb_bios_ga-p67a-ud3-b3_f4.exe
    p67aud33.f4

I ran the Flash*.exe file, and it complained and it complained about 64 bit version of windows.
    I saw this error "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher. "
    Are you joking?? i cant update the bios unless im running 32 bit? something is definitely off here..
    Heres the screen http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/2333/flasht.png

I then ran autoexec.bat and again it complained about 64 bit version of Windows
    Heres the screen http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1344/autoexec.png

My Config:
    I have windows 7 64bit installed (w SP1). 8 gigs ram
    I5-2500k 3.3ghz.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: GA-P67A-UD3-B3 cannot upgrade BIOS from F2 to F4

flashspi should be run from a bootable dos floppy-drive or flash-drive.
    The easiest way would be to copy the BIOS file(p67aud33.f4) to USB flash-drive and use the BIOS built in Q-Flash utility.
    Be sure to uncheck keep DMI data and load optimized default after the flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    flashspi should be run from a bootable dos floppy-drive or flash-drive.
    The easiest way would be to copy the BIOS file(p67aud33.f4) to USB flash-drive and use the BIOS built in Q-Flash utility.
    Be sure to uncheck keep DMI data and load optimized default after the flash.
    Okay so I copy only the p67aud33.f4 to a USB drive, restart the computer, go into BIOS settings.. and then youre saying i should see menu items to update bios?
    and i will be able to navigate to a file on my usb drive through this 'q-flash utility' ?

The way ive done it in the past has always been to run some kind of bios updating utility from Windows

Chike is offline Senior Member

It won't be in the menu.
    But at the bottom you'll see F8: Q-Flash, press F8, the USB Flash drive will apear as HDD 0-0 os USB 0-0, select it then the BIOS file.

EDIT: to flash from windows you will need to load the lates @BIOS utility.

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

Like chike has explained. It is advised to do all flashing in Q-flash. This lease out any instability the OS may have and prevent any possible problems to happen while flashing the bios.

Please read this guid to flash the bios with q-flash. http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

Depending on new bios's coming out and bios file size changing q-flash might tell you the file size is to big and will not allow you to flash the bios. If that is the case you have to use @bios (windows flashing) or Flashspi (dos base flashing). Once the bios is flashed with the new bios you can continue to use Q-flash for all other flashes.

When flashing with q-flash make sure you choose the option to "Disable DMI Pool Data". In @bios make sure to check the box "Clear DMI Pool Data"
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Thread Information