Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with P67A-UD4-B3 motherboard setting.

Default Re: Need help with P67A-UD4-B3 motherboard setting.

I just googled on how to switch from IDE to AHCI. I will do that tonight before reflash. Then reflash, then load optimize default, then set the harddrive to AHCI in the BIOs.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Make an ATTO benchmark before and after you change, you will see there's no advantage for AHCI.

Ok, first thing first.

I changed from IDE to AHCI. From what I can tell, in the BIO, I had to change two things from IDE to AHCI. Is there anything else I am missing? The reason I asked is that once I am in Windows, there is this icon in the task trait (where all the startup programs are at and the clock) shows this safely remove hardware icon, the one that shows up after plugging the computer to a USB device etc. Clicking on it, there are two items:

Eject Marvell 91xx config ATA device
    Eject WDC WD1002FAEX-007BA0 ATA device

Is it supposed to be like that? And I did do a benchmark on the harddisk and it is the same as IDE setup. So am I better off switching back to IDE? it just doesn't seem right to have my harddisk showing as an external device.

Second, I was successful in reflashing the BIO and applied the optimal default setting as well as changing the harddisk to AHCI again. Everything runs fine.

Third, I rechecked my RAM and realized it is two of this:

Newegg.com - Kingston HyperX Blu 2GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9AD3B1/2G

So I changed in the BIO from 1333 to 1600, and changed the voltage from 1.5v to 1.66v (for some reason there is no 1.65, just 1.64 and 1.66, and 1.66 is actually 1.656). So other than the DDR voltage, do I need to change any other voltage? They are all shown as auto. The vcore voltage is 1.2. I am not sure what else is important that I need to make sure is set correctly.

Changing from 1333 to 1600 runs just fine, and memory benchmark went up from 7.6 to 7.9 in the windows benchmark. Interestingly, under CPU-Z, the voltage still shows 1.5v, is that a concern?

Thank you.

AHCI support hot plug, it is normal to have those items.

If you experiance freezes or BSODs increase VTT above 1.05v. one step at a time untill the system is stable.
    You will only need very little if at all with your memory setup.
    Make sure memory timings are 9-9-9-27, if they are higher set them manually.

They were 9-9-9-24, so I changed them to 9-9-9-27 now.

So far so good. Thank you.

hmmmm... after a freeze in game yesterday, I changed vtt from 1.05v to 1.08v (there is no in between choice in my BIO). And everything was fine until a pink screen of death later that night. I am running prime 95 torture test. Do you guys have a recommended setting and tests within Prime95? And ideally how long should I leave it on?

Thank you.

PSOD? that's new, do you have the error code?

where can I find the error code. I think PSOD might be related to graphic card, which is odd....

Could be the card or the driver.
    Look at event log viewer, should be system critical error I think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information