Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: New BIOS for X58A-UD7(rev1.0)

Default New BIOS for X58A-UD7(rev1.0)

Hi, guys!

New BIOS for X58A-UD7(rev1.0).

New BIOS for X58A-UD7(rev1.0)-2-jpg

BIOS F9A improves some compatibility issues.

http://www.playwares.com/xe/?module=...6d8fdb01bcf441

Try it!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: New BIOS for X58A-UD7(rev1.0)

Thanks for the update, I'll repost to the BIOS thread for Stasio if you haven't already!

Why is it that when I check the Gigabyte websites I can only find version F8M which is still a beta bios. I have been waiting until F8 became a tested release.

I did upgrade my board from F6 or earlier to F7 but I believe the method or something has changed now the bios files are larger.

Would you mind pointing me in the right direction to updating the bios to the latest version. and a bit of info on which release I should install. I like to keep up to date but don't like to risk too much in the way of beta testing.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced Case
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 rev 1
    Intel Core i7 960 @ 23 x1 88, 4.324GHz
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W
    EK Supreme HF Copper water block
    6 x 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT (CMT12GX3M3A2000C9), @ 1880 MHz 8-9-8-24, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 570 in SLI
    4 * WD Caviar Black 1TB

F8 final has been out for a while now? Maybe you only checked one Gigabyte server that hasn't been updated, not sure?

Beta's are generally not posted on Gigabyte's main site so you wont often see those anywhere except forums. If you need/want the F8 final let me know and I'll upload it for you

*And sorry, I forgot, they pulled the F8 final for some reason that is still unknown! I am using it though without any issues, and I know many others are as well.

Once you have flashed the larger BIOSes, you can flash as you normally would with Qflash, you just have to flash using the other methods once to move from the smaller to larger BIOS sizes.

I would use F8, F8m, or F9a (I personally always use the latest Beta, but that's up to you to decide).

Here is my guide on flashing with Qflash, if you are already using a 2MB BIOS then you will flash normally with Qflash as per this guide
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

Thanks I checked the USA server and the OZ server they give the same results? but anyhow thanks I will give the 9a a go. The last version I installed was f7 which was a 1024kb file.
    Is Flashspi.exe the way to go and is there a set of instructions for this somewhere. My memory is not that good but it looks like I used this last time as well.
    4 * WD Caviar Black 1TB

Ya sorry, I forgot while I was writing that, they pulled a whole round of final BIOSes a while back and F8 was one of them.

Yes, if you are using 1MB file now you will need to use FlashSPI or @BIOS to flash a 2MB BIOS.

FlashSPI is easy, you just need a bootable USB First and then copy over the flashSPI, Autoexe.bat, and the BIOS file onto the USB then boot to USB Via F12 at startup (Then choose HDD+ then on next screen choose your USB Device)..

Legacy USB Storage or USB Storage must be enabled in the BIOS first, and you need to leave the USB Connected the whole time.

In the thread I linked above it shows how to make a bootable USB stick, smaller one would be better to use than a large one, towards the end of post one
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

Or you can use @BIOS, if you do that be sure you are at stock settings (No Overclock), and use the latest version of @BIOS
    GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Utility - Motherboard

well after all that It came back with a bad bios image message any ideas?
    4 * WD Caviar Black 1TB

You'll have to use @BIOS then, sorry I couldn't remember which times that happens and now I remember this is one of those times.

Just uninstall your old @BIOS if installed, and install the new one, then use the "Update From Disk" option in @BIOS and check the Clear DMI pool option before you flash.

Then on reboot enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults and save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS. Once in the BIOS again set your SATA/Disk settings, any memory voltage changes, ect you need then save/apply/reboot to windows.

Thread Information