Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP35-DS3L: Power on, No boot, no video

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP35-DS3L: Power on, No boot, no video

CD is actual IDE ribbon cable? If so, or not, put the motherboard driver CD in and see if it will reflash the BIOS from that, the reason I said to wait 5 minutes or so was just to give it time to flash and finish that process if it's going to do it.

Maybe you can RMA still? If not, you may want to try this forced recovery method via the PSU and power switch, it can be tricky to do but once you get it timed just right it should kick in the BIOS recovery

See the last part of post two here "BIOS Recover Method Via Manually Invoking BACKUP BIOS Auto-Recovery Using Power Supply - On/Off Switch"
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

I think the warranty is dead. My serial starts with 0816.

In case I cannot recover this board, are there any replacement suggestions? Digging through NewEgg, I did not find many cost effective boards still available for LGA775. This is the only one I could find still in stock at NewEgg that met my criteria: Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P45T-ES3G LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

That's pretty close to now, 16th week of 08 I mean. You may want to submit for one now and see if they accept!

You sure that is the number after SN, correct? Just checking. They might still honor a RMA for you, especially if you have a receipt showing you bought it later than that so less than three years ago - which of course you probably did.

The P45 you link is DDR3, did you notice that? You may have a better time finding new, or used P35 and P45 boards on ebay, if you are an ebay user. If you aren't on ebay or don't want used, then let us know and we'll look around for some other 775 boards for you. Forums like Overclock.net is also another great place to find a used working 775 board!

Yes, the serial is correct.

Oops, I didn't notice that about that board I mentioned. Its too bad. There are really no other Gigabyte alternatives available on NewEgg with the GA-EP35 configuration.

I finished all of the recent suggestions, and the board still won't respond. I'll file an RMA and see what happens.

As for finding another board, I really don't care for buying used items over the net. Its a crap-shoot on physical working condition.

I found one of these two have a similar configuration:
    Newegg.com - ASUS P5Q-EM DO LGA 775 Intel Q45 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    <s>Newegg.com - Intel BLKDG965SSCK LGA 775 Intel G965 Express Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards</s>
    Newegg.com - BIOSTAR P43-A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard

But any assistance on finding a new replacement is welcomed (my budget sits between $50 - $100). The Asus board is a bit out of range. Maybe I can shop around a bit and find a discount somewhere. I also noticed that a LOT of boards are missing the extra 3 sound ports these days.
    Last edited by Omega_X; 07-07-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Maybe the Intel board wasn't such a good idea

Doesn't matter about less sound ports you just use them differently,they still support all sound configs,5.1 ect
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also noticed this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128447

Its not a P45. But then again, there wasn't much difference between the two chipsets.

(was in stock a minute ago)
    Last edited by Omega_X; 07-07-2011 at 09:24 AM. Reason: wrong url

How much do you care about an overclock, and if you do overclock how high of a FSB does it need to be?

P43 isn't all that bad, but it's not a super overclocker. Used is fine really, as long as you buy from someone with good reputation, I've never had an issue and I sell tons of my used stuff too an no one has ever had a problem. (Sorry, no P45's here or I'd sell you one). For Example, I'd feel 100% safe buying these used boards on ebay, if you want I could also look around the many forums I frequent if you'd be up for a used deal (Probably find more options, like more P45, and better prices than ebay, but the below boards are pretty cheap already)
    GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L Motherboard w/ Zalman heatsink | eBay
    Gigabyte Technology GA-EP35-DS3L LGA 775 Motherboard | eBay

P35 and P45 or any 775 socket is so old, that's why it's hard to find a good board unless it's used

On the up-side, DDR3 is REALLY cheap, so P45T may still be an option for you if you wanted to buy one of those boards and then get new DDR3 to use. You can get a 4GB kit of DDR3 for around $35-40 for some of the cheaper options

If you want the board you linked above it's in stock here
    Gigabyte GA-P43-ES3G Socket 775 ATX Motherboard Intel P43 Express Chipset Intel 45nm Core 2 Multi-Core Processors PCI Express x16 SATA 3Gb/s Gigabit Ethernet 8ch HD Audio-Best Computer Online Store Houston Buy Discount Prices Texas-Directron.com

If you don't care much about overclocking, those G41 boards might be something work looking at as well.

I'd go ahead and file that RMA, you might get lucky! Find the invoice and tell them the date of invoice in the notes when submitting the RMA
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 07-07-2011 at 06:03 PM.

Don't overclock at all. But its nice to have the option. I came across the same Directron link yesterday while searching.

I asked for RMA through tech support, The RMA request page requires a contact name. Also, according to an invoice, I bought it in May/08.

STATUS UPDATE:

I bought the GA-P43-ES3G anyway. A friend gave me a QX6700 and I'm now using that until I can get the Gigabyte Support guy to give me an RMA for my board.

EDIT: BTW, the new board took the new RAM like a champ.
    Last edited by Omega_X; 07-14-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: one more ting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information