Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Ga-x58-ud9

Default Ga-x58-ud9

Hi first of all is the GA-X58-UD9 still available? I currently have a UD7 and I am running 24gb of memory at 1088 Mhz and 2 Gigabyte GTX570 graphics cards. This all works well on my current UD7 but I am considering upgrading to a UD9 now as I would like to have more room between the graphics cards to allow more airflow and if necessary add another if it became an issue. The main reason is airflow the top card really struggles to get the air in and runs about 20 degrees hotter? The other reason is that I currently run and I7 960 but may upgrade to a 990 when the price becomes right.

What are your thoughts on upgrade paths from my current system. I have the luxury of rotating parts down from my computer into work computers and trying out the new parts in my home testing machine.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced Case
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 rev 1
    Intel Core i7 960 @ 23 x1 88, 4.324GHz
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W
    EK Supreme HF Copper water block
    6 x 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT (CMT12GX3M3A2000C9), @ 1880 MHz 8-9-8-24, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 570 in SLI
    4 * WD Caviar Black 1TB

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Ga-x58-ud9

It's not available retail, unless you can find an old shop that still has stock (I'm looking too, so if you find let me know - thanks!)

Normally now this is a board you'd have to buy used on ebay or a forum. If you can't find one, maybe you could find better coolers for your cards, or take them to water cooling.

GA-X58A-OC is a great board, and has the spacing you are looking for for your cards, and it's available in stores now, so you should probably check that one out as it's an awesome board!

Default Re: Ga-x58-ud9

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6491 View Post
    Hi first of all is the GA-X58-UD9 still available? I currently have a UD7 and I am running 24gb of memory at 1088 Mhz and 2 Gigabyte GTX570 graphics cards. This all works well on my current UD7 but I am considering upgrading to a UD9 now as I would like to have more room between the graphics cards to allow more airflow and if necessary add another if it became an issue. The main reason is airflow the top card really struggles to get the air in and runs about 20 degrees hotter? The other reason is that I currently run and I7 960 but may upgrade to a 990 when the price becomes right.

What are your thoughts on upgrade paths from my current system. I have the luxury of rotating parts down from my computer into work computers and trying out the new parts in my home testing machine.
    This is a little old but i just picked up the ud9 on ebay for 400 brand new in the box. Had a ud5 and i must say (just recently bought a 990 upgrading from a 930) the 990 and the ud9 seem to be a match made in computer paradise at least on my machine. What a difference from the ud5. I ran the 990 in it for about two weeks and was having trouble getting above 4.5 unless i used 1.5v which i didn't feel happy about doing to a $650 processor also picked up on ebay oem style. I have 480's in tri sli and a home made tech bench i guess you could call it where my motherboard lays flat. I dont like all that weight hanging vertically cause everything is watercooled , cpu, cards and motherboard. I also have 2 hx1000's and i use the second one for the second 8 pin power plug and the molex plugs, that too made a hell of a difference. also running g.skill 2000 ram but i run it at 1333, there is really is not much difference in 1333 and 2000, just tighten up the timings, it's all in the processor, voltages are a lot more consistant also. So if you can fork over the grand or so on a 990 and ud9 by all means do it. You wont be dissapointed in the least. Also put in the Bigfoot Killer 2100 network card and damn i can get out of the way of flying bullets now. Now i can run 4.6- 1.375v. temp on the hottest core was 58c with an ambient temp of 21c. Man this thing flys. I love it.
    Last edited by cisco-red; 12-04-2011 at 02:30 PM. Reason: more info

Thread Information