Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What ram DOES work with EP45-DS3L

Default Re: What ram DOES work with EP45-DS3L

I had similar issues with 2x2 OCZ Reaper 1066 on GB EP45-UD3R, latest bios flash F12 solved all

I did check with memtest and the sticks gave a specific error each time, but I swapped with a friends identical pair of sticks and still got the same error, while he tested my pair and got no errors and ran it all night.

the latest non-beta bios for my board that i see on gigabyte's website is F10, which i have.

edit: any ideas on how stable this beta bios F11b is? it's been out since 2009 so i'm assuming it's relatively stable.
    Last edited by aloalo; 07-08-2011 at 10:36 PM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

I can only guess that if it has been that long on their website it's ok.
    There's a newer F11c in the BIOS sticky which they chose not to put on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    I can only guess that if it has been that long on their website it's ok.
    There's a newer F11c in the BIOS sticky which they chose not to put on their website.
    how long has that been out? I went from bios F7 to F9 then F10 and this problem has never even gotten anywhere near better, but then again, I have no idea what F11b or F11c do. I'll give F11c a shot as a last resort.
    Last edited by aloalo; 07-08-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

So the problem is now waking from S5(shutdown) and from S3(sleep) it wake?
    Which software do you use? I recall when I tested WOL it woke my EP43-UD3L from both sleep and shutdown.

EDIT it has been there for quite a while... since it's date or a little after.

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    So the problem is now waking from S5(shutdown) and from S3(sleep) it wake?
    Which software do you use? I recall when I tested WOL it woke my EP43-UD3L from both sleep and shutdown.

EDIT it has been there for quite a while... since it's date or a little after.
    no. I flashed bios in hopes of gaining stability but to no avail. I have no issues waking from sleep mode.

EDIT2: I've managed to put together some values that appear to be working rather well. I've gone passed 8 minutes of up time with no errors in Prime95, the longest it's ever gone without freezing up. I'll see how long it takes to freeze up. if it lasts for around 12 hrs, i'll be calling this a huge success.

EDIT3: nowhere near 12 hrs yet, but this is simply amazing. in 3 years, my rig has never been more stable. I'll copy over my current BIOS settings and put them up here for others with my issue, although it feels like this may be unique to my specific board somehow.

anyway, the next step i'd like to go to is possibly overclocking, just a tiny bit, from 3.0GHz. I'll make a separate thread for that, if need be.
    Last edited by aloalo; 07-09-2011 at 11:30 AM. Reason: update

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information