Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help with GA-X48-DS5

Post Help with GA-X48-DS5

Hi can someone help me out setting up my motherboard drivers from GIGABYTE website as there are no detailed instructions?and also which bios to use f8c or f8h
    My setup
    cpu: Q9505 2.8ghz
    ram:2x2gb dominator 1066 ram 2.1v
    Motherboard: GA-X48-DS5 rev1.1 (ahci mode)
    GPU: GTX480
    SOUND: Onboard
    Hard Drives: WD Velociraptor 150gb (op system) WD black 500gb (games) 1 Seagate 500 (storage)
    PSU: CM silent pro 850w single rail 70 amps
    win 7 x64
    Now my problem is that i don't know how to setup the inf or if it is needed at all and i have no idea how to install the ahci drivers,running the setup installs raid drivers ahci drivers and the matrix storage manager console which i don't like it removes the option of quick removal.Please if someone can give me detailed instructions as i can not properly set up windows....One more thing i forgot somewhere in this forum i read about setting MCH voltage +0.15 for 2x2gb sticks of ram something that i have not done all settings are left at normal in bios have not had any problems so far or any crashes?
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ange30; 07-11-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Help with GA-X48-DS5

Up to you which BIOS to use, I'd go with F8c since it's on GB site.
    Check your version of Intel chipset driver if it's older you can install the newer one.

Load BIOS optimized default, if the machine is stable no need to change anything.
    Is memory set as DDR-1066 or DDR-800?

Use Q-Flash to update BIOS, and don't forget to uncheck "keep DMI data"
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    Up to you which BIOS to use, I'd go with F8c since it's on GB site.
    Check your version of Intel chipset driver if it's older you can install the newer one.

Load BIOS optimized default, if the machine is stable no need to change anything.
    Is memory set as DDR-1066 or DDR-800?

Use Q-Flash to update BIOS, and don't forget to uncheck "keep DMI data"
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html
    Thanks for the info i am currently using f8h and i know how to update the bios but for some reason using a bootable usb drive i keep getting a checksum for some reason when using the same bios to reflash with optimized defaults always, which usb slot do you recommend me to plug in the usb stick in the back or the front panel of my case?
    Anyway with optimized defaults my memory gets set to 1066 thus i will have to increase the volts to +30(does this affect q-flash in any way?)
    and if i flash my bios to f8c will i have to do a clean install of windows again?As for the Intel chipset driver i need more info on how to install it correctly as there are many flag options u can use and i still need info about the ahci driver.
    Thanks.....

Chike is offline Senior Member

If you have F8h installed already don't bother with F8c, I thought you were updating from older BIOS.
    Q-Flash(BIOS built-in flash utility) does not require a bootable drive, it just have to be FAT or FAT32 formated.
    I use the back panel USB, I think they are more reliable.
    If the memory is set to 1066 (XMP) then it also sets the voltage correctly, check in PC Health monitor.
    The Intel inf file has flag options? I think it has an installer not sure.
    If everything work correctly there is no need to upfate the inf, I think mine is the original that came with Windows 7, and so is the AHCI driver, If it works don't break it.

Thread Information