Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer and keyboard freezing

Default Computer and keyboard freezing

HEllo my computer freeze alot, it started with bad company 2 it froze from 15-60 min and now even in world of warcraft and desktop mode just surfing.

The computer freezes with a frozen picture on my monitor, and my logitech g5 mouse and g15 keyboard goes black and i have no sound from the speakers,
    all fans are still spinning, and all i can do i turn the power off.

It started the day i got my new gigabyte z68ap-d3 motherboard and i5 2500k.
    Its not oc, i got all the newest drivers even tried old ones, i have swapped places with my memory sticks tested the voltage on my Corsair 750W,
    used memtest 86+ for 2 hours, check all the temperatures.

The windows 7 Home Premium is freshly installed with all updates and drivers.

I have tested so many things i dont know what else to do, does anyone have any clues what i can do.

My hardware...
    Corsair 750W
    Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
    2*4G Crucial DDR3 BallistiX 1333MHz
    Radeon HD 5850
    Logitech G5 and G15
    Creative x-fi extreme gamer sound
    Realtek pci-e network card
    Windows 7 Home Premium

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Computer and keyboard freezing

Try to run Prime95 small and large FFT for 1-2 hours.
    Monitore core temps with CoreTemp see that they don't get too high.
    All other components are new too or were ther working in another build before?

I have had the same freeze problem with my Computer as well. Make sure your power management is set to high performance, also, in your mother board BIO, make sure one of the options is set to 64 bit if you are using that. Also make sure your RAM voltage and timing are set correctly. The majority of the freeze issue are RAM timing related. That's all the things I have noticed. If you can, since you have a k series, you can try to OC a tiny bit. Some ppl have reported saying slight overclock stopped the freeze issue, so just set your clock to 3.6 GH or something and see if that stops it. Good luck.

Try one or two clicks more qpi/vtt voltage than what auto sets it to and set dram voltage to what's printed on your ram
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have an SSD installed? There is a known issue with freezing and the Crucial SSDs. You can google it if this is the case.

Hey, i'm new to the board and this is somewhat close to the issue that i've been having as well. I have attached my dxdiag below. Basically when I try to play Skyrim or Shogun 2 my computer will crash (and by crash I mean monitor goes dark, some looping sound for a second then silence with no error codes populating) causing me to have to do a hard reboot. I got this computer about a month or two ago and right now the problem only consistently occurs in those two games, though it has crashed in BF3 once or twice, but I might attribute that to Origin. My video card drivers are at the most current version, and when I tried Nvidias beta drivers I ran into the same problem.

My BIOS version is currently at F6E I believe, and when trying to update to the beta F7E version (found at GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68AP-D3 (rev. 1.0)) I run into another problem, Q-Flash will not work for me. I have formatted a USB to FAT32 and when I select the option to update the Bios I get a "BIOS ID Check Error" which makes me think... well... I don't know what to think now. Is there some kind of "black box" software I could run that would let me know what my computer was doing right before a crash if I duplicate the error?

I'm at a loss here as to what to do as i've tried everything I can think of as well as what was in this thread. If anyone could please point me in the right direction I would appreciate it! (I hope it's not that my mobo/something else is faulty!)

Thanks!

DxDiag.txt

Quote Originally Posted by JCornelius View Post
    Hey, i'm new to the board and this is somewhat close to the issue that i've been having as well. I have attached my dxdiag below. Basically when I try to play Skyrim or Shogun 2 my computer will crash (and by crash I mean monitor goes dark, some looping sound for a second then silence with no error codes populating) causing me to have to do a hard reboot. I got this computer about a month or two ago and right now the problem only consistently occurs in those two games, though it has crashed in BF3 once or twice, but I might attribute that to Origin. My video card drivers are at the most current version, and when I tried Nvidias beta drivers I ran into the same problem.

My BIOS version is currently at F6E I believe, and when trying to update to the beta F7E version (found at GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68AP-D3 (rev. 1.0)) I run into another problem, Q-Flash will not work for me. I have formatted a USB to FAT32 and when I select the option to update the Bios I get a "BIOS ID Check Error" which makes me think... well... I don't know what to think now. Is there some kind of "black box" software I could run that would let me know what my computer was doing right before a crash if I duplicate the error?

I'm at a loss here as to what to do as i've tried everything I can think of as well as what was in this thread. If anyone could please point me in the right direction I would appreciate it! (I hope it's not that my mobo/something else is faulty!)

Thanks!

DxDiag.txt
    you HAVE to use latest version of @bios for the newer 2mb bios's,once flshed and updated it will allow you to flash with qflash,what qpi/vtt voltages you using and what dram voltage?

how much ram? type,speed ect
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    you HAVE to use latest version of @bios for the newer 2mb bios's,once flshed and updated it will allow you to flash with qflash,what qpi/vtt voltages you using and what dram voltage?

how much ram? type,speed ect
    Hey, thanks for the response! I currently have 16GB of Corsair Vengeance (1600mhz DDR3) Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB &#40;2 x 4GB&#41; 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 &#40;PC3 12800&#41; Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R

The values are as follows in BIOS:
    QPI: 1.050 (tried going up to 1.1 with no luck)
    VTT: 1.05V
    DRAM: 1.5V

As far as @bios, I have attempted to use it as a last resort because I had read that it can cause problems, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I click on the "Update BIOS from Gigabyte Server" option which goes through the process and asks me to restart after it's complete, but the bios version stays at 6 when I get back from the restart. I thought maybe because F7E is beta it won't try to apply it?

Thanks again, let me know if I need to get you anything else.

best to download and extract the beta bios to desktop,then point the @bios program to the bios file on desktop and update it,

im running the same memory but 8gb,i need 1.06875v with 8gb,you might need more than 1.1v for qpi/vtt

aslong as its the latest @bios you will be ok,its much improved since all the scaremongering posts
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

I've tried updating through @bios as you suggested and get the following error message "BIOS Partnumber(AWARD) is not correct!" My @bios version is 2.11 B11.0112.1, is that the most current?

What qpi/vtt values would be reasonable to try above 1.1?

Thanks again!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information