Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 standby loses multiplier setting

Default GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 standby loses multiplier setting

I have a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 rev 1.0 motherboard with the F4 BIOS (latest on the Gigabyte website at time of writing) with a Core i5-2500K. I set the multiplier to 45X and disabled turbo in the BIOS. When I first boot up, the overclock is fine and I'm running at 4.5GHz. If I let the computer go to sleep (S3 Standby), once it wakes up, the multiplier I set in the BIOS is gone and I'm stuck running at 3.3GHz with turbo up to 3.4GHz (4 core turbo and indicates that turbo has been re-enabled even though it should be disabled).

It appears that S3 Standby wipes out the multiplier/turbo settings. The Gigabyte TouchBIOS tool that would let me change the multiplier on the fly in Windows also stops working correctly - multiplier changes don't have any affect on processor speed. Only a full reboot will fix the issue and restore the overclock.

I checked for a beta BIOS for this motherboard, but I don't see one. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 standby loses multiplier setting

They are still working on sleep issues for these boards, so it could be that the BIOS isn't fully sorted out yet.

Are you using CPU PLL Overvoltage? If so that is the problem, disable it and you should resume ok, but you may not be able to use the x45 CPU multi without it. You might need to choose a lower multi that will allow you to still overclock and sleep at the same time until they get it sorted it (And I believe it's Intel that has to sort that in the microcode, not Gigabyte).

Thread Information