Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R and Core 2 Quad Q8200

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R and Core 2 Quad Q8200

Nice, those temps are much better now!

Are you still having ESET issues? If so, can you link me to your exact thread on their forum, I'd like to see what they are saying in case I see anyone else having issues with it, thanks!

MadMax2911 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Nice, those temps are much better now!

Are you still having ESET issues? If so, can you link me to your exact thread on their forum, I'd like to see what they are saying in case I see anyone else having issues with it, thanks!
    Regarding the temps, better still when I have the rear fan pointing the right way I think I cooled down about 2 degrees with it corrected.
    As far as ESET is concerned, I am awed at all the settings inside this AV, which may be the problem. At first I see HIPS and wonder what it is all about. Then I see something preventing windows from unloading the classes registry file. This is Most likely NOD 32, but I am not sure.
    Told to minimise applications impact on the OS by Tweak Guides tweaking companion PDF found here-->>TweakGuides.com - The TweakGuides Tweaking Companion I ventured into the NOD 32 interface only to be mystified at all the settings. There is a off switch for up to four hours or the next restart, but is it all really off?
    Some verified bugs are noted here with external drives-->>NOD 32 5.0.93.0 & 5.0.94.0:PC freezes when USB HD is connected - Wilders Security Forums
    A problem with Google Chrome which may be fixed I a not sure found here-->>NOD32 Force-Closes Google Chrome - Wilders Security Forums I dont mean to alarm anyone too much because lots of people do not have issues at all.
    Personally, I think I am protected by a good AV but It seems a bit complicated. I also have yet to really have a big problem with this AV (No external drive tried yet and no google chrome installed).
    Regards
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Haha, yes, rear fan sucking air out the back of the case is always best

Yes, there are a TON of settings in there, even more in the Smart Security one with firewall, AV, Malware, ect in it. The issue you might be seeing could be due to playing with all of those? Have you tried a full uninstall, reboot and then reinstall, and then not change any of the settings?

Since you are having issues, or possibly they are caused by this guide, I'd advise not using any tweak guides for now!

Yes, if you disable Eset it will be off, for however long you disable it, or until you enable it again. Want to test it haha? If so, copy and paste the following into a notepad file on your desktop, then try to save/close it and you'll see if it's disabled or not! Of course, if you have it disabled it will allow it, but if you have it enabled it will not, nor will it open the file if you save it with it disabled, then enable and try to open the file.

Code:
    X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*
    Thanks for posting the Chrome link for others, I don't use it so no worries here on that! I think you are looking way too much into enabling or disabling system items, and or AV settings, Eset is plug and play for normal desktop use, you should leave all settings at their defaults unless you specifically need to increase protection and know what the setting does you are adding/enabling above and beyond the defaults.

Haha, yes, rear fan sucking air out the back of the case is always best

Yes, there are a TON of settings in there, even more in the Smart Security one with firewall, AV, Malware, ect in it. The issue you might be seeing could be due to playing with all of those? Have you tried a full uninstall, reboot and then reinstall, and then not change any of the settings?

Since you are having issues, or possibly they are caused by this guide, I'd advise not using any tweak guides for now!

Yes, if you disable Eset it will be off, for however long you disable it, or until you enable it again. Want to test it haha? If so, copy and paste the following into a notepad file on your desktop, then try to save/close it and you'll see if it's disabled or not! Of course, if you have it disabled it will allow it, but if you have it enabled it will not, nor will it open the file if you save it with it disabled, then enable and try to open the file.

Code:
    X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*
    Thanks for posting the Chrome link for others, I don't use it so no worries here on that! I think you are looking way too much into enabling or disabling system items, and or AV settings, Eset is plug and play for normal desktop use, you should leave all settings at their defaults unless you specifically need to increase protection and know what the setting does you are adding/enabling above and beyond the defaults.
    I have not tried a uninstall or reinstall of NOD32. Yes, I have changed settings from the default if only to reduce resource usage during testing. I understand that is not good for protecting my system by disabling parts of the whole. I was probably blinded by a desire to optimise you know.
    The tweaking guide only gives specific advice on certain AV programs(currently its MSE av) In previous editions it was other AVs like AVG antivirus etc. So I did not get specific advice, only general advice. Take sounds and audio devices properties. On the sounds tab we are encouraged (by the TCTG) to either disable all sounds or choose two to three sounds for most events. This minimises the resources used for this function - sound. It is mainly for gamers LOL who want the best performance "in game".
    I was really into gaming at one time now its only casual entertainment. I do try to safely make windows run more effiently. The last thing I want is a virus landing on my machine anytime soon. :) Thanks
    UPDATE : Yes, my system was vulnerable LOL part of real time file protection was off all the time I could have got infected. Only after I turened it back on did it catch the test file, lesson learned. Really appreciate that you saved me from an infection. One more thing to add after I enabled protection I was unable to post at all untill I cleared IE 8 Cache, history and cookies. Later.
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 03-28-2012 at 02:04 PM. Reason: add info
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Since you have changed things, I'd go ahead and uninstall it, reboot and then install it again and then don't change settings anymore. You really aren't going to affect system performance by disabling anything in it, you're system is fast enough to be able to handle even the worst AV that slows down systems without an issue. So I recommend leaving default settings, they will be fine!

I do know what you mean about the desire to optimize, but you should do that elsewhere, ESET is already optimized as is and is one of the least resource consuming AV's out there.

Nice to see you were able to find and correct having your realtime protection disabled!! Not sure why that would affect your ability to post on the forums though, could be another glitch with IE8? (If you must use IE, please use IE9).

Haha, I'm sure you hear this often, but I suggest Firefox instead of IE, or if you don't like that try Chrome or Opera?

Since you have changed things, I'd go ahead and uninstall it, reboot and then install it again and then don't change settings anymore. You really aren't going to affect system performance by disabling anything in it, you're system is fast enough to be able to handle even the worst AV that slows down systems without an issue. So I recommend leaving default settings, they will be fine!

I do know what you mean about the desire to optimize, but you should do that elsewhere, ESET is already optimized as is and is one of the least resource consuming AV's out there.

Nice to see you were able to find and correct having your realtime protection disabled!! Not sure why that would affect your ability to post on the forums though, could be another glitch with IE8? (If you must use IE, please use IE9).

Haha, I'm sure you hear this often, but I suggest Firefox instead of IE, or if you don't like that try Chrome or Opera?
    Reinstalled with default settings is done. Going to install IE9 real soon now. I am able to post after the reinstall which is good, so far(will keep you posted). Think I will go to firefox as there are some extensions that i like, such as video player/ recorder for you tube, Adblock plus and cooliris. Oh yeah one thing I did not like about the new bigger cooler is that I have to remove my door case fan as its interfering. Also I have a smaller fan that came with the Mugen2. put it on the north bridge with velcro like i did with other one?
    Thanks Madmax2911
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 04-01-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: add info

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

IMHO stay far way from IE and Firefox. I like Google Chrome. Firefox has been updated to many times in a short period of time for my liking.

Nice thing with Google chrome is if you have to reinstall it you dont have to worry about backing up or bookmarks. When you install it asks you to sign in and poof in 2 sec all bookmarks appear.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Firefox forever here!!

Ace - Sign in and bookmarks appear? So now you are letting google document and store your bookmark lists as well?

NO!! Stop giving in to that monster, soon they will rule the world, Cyberdyne will start up and singularities will become reality

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

Sorry I wasnt trying to feed the Google monster, it just so happened that I needed to reinstall it or last time i reinstalled my OS and installed it and it asked to log in and then poof my bookmarks appeared. It must be something new they added as I did this before and it did not happen.

Last Firefox build I used was back with the Memory problem alot of users were complaining about. Chrome also feels faster to me then firefox.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

haha, but that's crazy, that would have worried me as soon as it happened. I mean, they already track your every move with hidden tracking cookies and scripts, aside from the ones everyone knows about, but then to see them also holding your bookmark info would just be too much for me. What if you have bank or other login info saved into a bookmark link, they'd then have that pass and login. I know that's normally not done with bookmarks, but it can be, and them saving your bookmarks for you could be a huge security risk, not to mention them also knowing your fav's along with everything else you do on the net.

I'm still on 3.xx firefox, just too lazy to mod all my plugins or test which are working and which have updates for the new version. But I'll be moving to 10 or 11 whichever it is very soon as I plan a clean install shortly.

My favorite theme and other styles I use to get my desired look betta work, or else!! Haha, but even if not I'll stick to it, love all the plugins!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information