Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: No onboard audio for P67A-UD4-B3, audio only works with headphones

Question No onboard audio for P67A-UD4-B3, audio only works with headphones

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-P67A-UD4-B3 (rev. 1.1)

The firmware is 1.1.

My motherboard's onboard audio does not appear to be working. I have had this motherboard for a few months and use headphones for audio most of the time, and figured I connected something wrong from my power supply when I realized there was no onboard audio.

So I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, checked the connections from the power supply to motherboard, checked Volume Options as to what was enabled/disabled, etc., ensured that Azalia was set to "Auto" in BIOS (rather than "disabled" which is the only other option), but the onboard audio simply will not work. I don't get a startup beep or anything.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with the AC97 cord from my power supply connected to the motherboard, and then again with the HDMI Audio cord, but I can only get sound through my headphones when the HDMI Audio cord is connected to the motherboard.

In Volume Options, the only options ever available are Realtek Audio and Realtek Audio (Optical). Neither work with anything but headphones.

Is something broken, or have I missed something crucial?

Other choice system specs, although it's doubtful they make a difference in this problem:

Video card: Radeon 6850
    Memory: 2x2 GB
    HDD: 500GB WD Caviar Blue

Monitor has no speakers built-in, so that can't be causing a problem. No other speakers or audio devices have ever been connected except headphones.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: No onboard audio for P67A-UD4-B3, audio only works with headphones

The headphones work means the onboard sound does work.
    What do you connect the HDMI cable to? The board does not have HDMI port.

Is it just me, or is your post confusing?!!

First off, there is no separate power connection from the PSU to your mobo to run the audio.
    This is done through the main 24 pin power connector.

Your on board audio has to be working or you would not even be getting sound through your usb headset.

To get beeps when booting your pc, this is done with a on board speaker or rather a speaker installed in your case for boot confirmation or diagnosis if it won't boot.It has nothing to do with your on board audio.

Are you trying to get audio from the mobo to your desktop speakers, or are you trying to get audio from your video card hdmi to your monitor/tv?
    To me it sounds as though you are trying to get audio out via the hdmi. If this is the case, you are dealing with an ATI/AMD issue as your video card uses its own on board audio decoder. Try looking through your ATI catalyst settings, rather then windows/sound.

Please keep us updated, or rephrase your question with specifics.

He means the two block connectors for the front panel headphones,one ac97 and one hd audio,you want to plug in the hd audio block into your mb

Go to device manager/sound drivers and uninstall the hd drivers,then IMPORTANT plug in your headphones into front panel headphone socket and plug in all your rear 5.1 jack plugs ect,sub/centre/rear/front then reeboot pc and Windows should detect all your speakers/headphones

If you don't plug them in before driver install it won't detect them and they will remain mute
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[INDENT]Your on board audio has to be working or you would not even be getting sound through your usb headset.

[Spam link and hidden tracking links deleted]
    Last edited by profJim; 11-11-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Um... not so.... USB sound is totally separate from any other sound device...

Thread Information