Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-X58-UD7 ICH SATA RAID hangs Computer

Default GA-X58-UD7 ICH SATA RAID hangs Computer

As the thread title states I have a GA-X58 UD7 version 2 with fd7bios. I originally set this computer up with 4 1TB WD black caviar hard disks in 2 sets of 2 in RAID 1 mirror.

The computer would consistently hang up or crash after a few minutes or so and I went through the process of debugging my first thoughts being the latest NVIDA display driver as the symptoms were very similar to a bad display driver. I could start the computer in safe mode and it would run all night which further made me think it was a driver problem and not a hardware or bios setting fault such as a wrong voltage for the memory controller or such. At this time what I didn't notice was even though it was in safe mode the Lan was still locking up. So after getting the latest of everything from the bios to every driver I could think of installed although things were better I still had time outs and lockups. I finally thought OK back to basics and set the ICH SATA controller back to the default IDE. Low and behold the computer has operated without fault for 12 hours.

What could be causing the ICH SATA Control Mode not to be working? Is this a bios problem or a faulty motherboard?

Any ideas I should try to further prove this is the problem or ideas on how to fix it.
    Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced Case
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 rev 1
    Intel Core i7 960 @ 23 x1 88, 4.324GHz
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W
    EK Supreme HF Copper water block
    6 x 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT (CMT12GX3M3A2000C9), @ 1880 MHz 8-9-8-24, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 570 in SLI
    4 * WD Caviar Black 1TB

Default Re: GA-X58-UD7 ICH SATA RAID hangs Computer

anyone from gigabyte care to comment
    Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced Case
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 rev 1
    Intel Core i7 960 @ 23 x1 88, 4.324GHz
    Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W
    EK Supreme HF Copper water block
    6 x 4GB Corsair Dominator-GT (CMT12GX3M3A2000C9), @ 1880 MHz 8-9-8-24, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 570 in SLI
    4 * WD Caviar Black 1TB

Thread Information