Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ep45-ud3p wont boot for anything!

Default ep45-ud3p wont boot for anything!

sigh I don't know what is going on with my pc, it randomly restarted while I was attempting to check my email and upon said restart I got my first bsod. Now it always goes to bsod when I try to boot it. I booted into safe mode, but it was acting like the cpu was really taxed and after about a minute I got the blue screen. Now it won't even make it into safe mode, it gets hung up and the last thing it says is loaded: \windows\system32\drivers\crcdisk.sys

The bsod I am getting says,

ci.dll
    page fault in nonpaged area

stop: 0x00000050
    ci.dll - address

collecting data for crash dump...

I'm running vista ultimate x64
    my mb is a gigabyte ga-ep45-ud3p
    I have a sapphire ati radeon 4870 and 2 sticks of ocz reaper ram (2 gigs each)
    a ucp 700w power supply and western digital 6400 aaks hard drive

So the cpu just freezes and eventually restarts when I try to boot into safe mode, and I get the blue screen if I try to boot it normally. I've tried booting into ubuntu from a usb stick, that doesnt work either. I was able to use ubuntu to run memtest and my ram passed with no errors. I'm pretty sure this must be a hardware problem, I have not recently downloaded any programs, udpated drivers or anything like that. Any advice on this is much much much appreciated as I take online classes, the semester just started and I loathe this laptop I am using. Oh and I cleared the cmos and flashed the bios as well.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: ep45-ud3p wont boot for anything!

Error 50 is a memory related error (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA).
    First boot and enter BIOS hardware monitor and see if there are any unusual voltage/temperature readings.
    Maje a memtest86+ bootable usb flash-drive, and run a few passes. Run a few passes of test #5 (press c, 1, 3, 5, enter.... I think).

Wether you get errors or not, try to increase MCH Core(in BIOS M.I.T) gradually 1.16-1.24v.
    Is the memory set to 600 or 1066 by default?

okay, I'm checking on the voltage and temp readings now, will do the memtest shortly.
    I am clueless about voltage and temps but I'm assuming it is under pc health status.
    I'll just post up what it says. oh and the memory frequency is 1066.

vcore 1.236v
    ddr18v 2.096v
    +3.3v 3.344v
    +12v 11.985v
    current system temp 42 c
    current cpu temp 40c
    current cpu fan speed 1461 rpm
    current system fan2 speed 0 rpm
    current power fan speed 672 rpm
    current system fan1 speed 1007 rpm

edit: the voltage setting was on auto at 1.1, and I passed memtest #5 5 times with no erors. I manually bumped it to 1.16 and now I'm running the tests again.
    Last edited by strive; 08-28-2011 at 04:04 AM.

By the voltage reading i looks like the memory has an EPP profole and set correctly to 1066 with 2.1v DRAM Voltage.
    40c CPU temp may be a bit hot, we will know better once you are able to run windows and run CoreTemp to monitore core temperatures.
    What CPU do you have?

it's an intel core 2 duo @3166mhz. I built it around 18 months ago, so I don't exactly remember. btw, I increased mch core incrementally all the way to 1.24v and it is still running memtest 5 fine.

Try to boot to windows and see how it goes, also run Prime95 blend.
    To run more tests you can customize the blend to run each test 10 or 8 minutes.
    See what is the lowest stable MCH Core you can pass 6-8 hours of prime95 blend torture.
    Also run CoreTemp while running Prime95, core temperatures should not exceed 70c. In fact the probably be below 60c.

The file system may already be corrupted. If it is you will have to reinstall it.

EDIT: The only Core 2 Duo running 3.16GHz is E8500 so it must be it.

yeah e8500 sounds right. Still getting hungup at crcdisk.sys on safe mode and blue screen page fault in nonpaged area with attempted regular boot. Getting to work on prime95 now.
    edit: so i take it I can't run prime95 if I can't get into windows?
    Last edited by strive; 08-28-2011 at 01:04 PM.

With MCH Core 1.24v try the ubuntu from usb stick you said that failed too.

If Vista has a memory test like windows 7, see if that pass and run chckdsk on the system volume (note wgich it is in the repair menu window).

I spent a few hours on it tonight and all three of those options failed. I also tried system restore from the vista repair cd. no dice. I need to get this fixed asap, do I just need to take it to a pc repair place or buy a new mobo or what?

Well, if its urgent you may want to take it to a pc repair shop. What ever part is in fault you may still be eligible for an RMA.

Did the Vista memory test failed with errors/BSOD or did it fail to run?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information