Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 284

Thread: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)




  1. #161
    profJim's Avatar
    profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA. [USA]
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)

    Take a look at Dan's E8400 settings.
    I'm NOT recommending that you try these settings, but just to see what it took using a brute force approach without using skew settings.
    Code:
    DanW 4.250GHz 500x8.5 Bios Settings
    ***************************************
    ***************************************
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (Rev. 1.0) - F10e
    ***************************************
    ***************************************
    
    ******************************
    MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) 
    ******************************
    Robust Graphics Booster ..............: [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ......................: [8X]
    x Fine CPU Clock Ratio................: +0.5
    CPU Frequency ........................: 4.25GHz( 500x8.5)
    
    ********** Clock Chip Control ********
    
    >>>>>  Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control................: [Enabled]
    x CPU Host Frequency(Mhz).............: [ 500]
    PCI Express Frequency(Mhz)............: [100]
    C.I.A.2...............................: [Disabled]
    
    >>>>> Advanced Clock Control..........: [Press Enter] 
    CPU Clock Drive.......................: [800mV]
    PCI Express Clock Drive...............: [900mV]
    CPU Clock Skew........................: [  0ps]
    MCH Clock Skew........................: [  0ps]
    
    ******** DRAM Performance Control ********
    
    Performance Enhance...................: [Standard]
    Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.)........: [Disabled]
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch................: [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)........: [2.00D]
    Memory Frequency(Mhz).....800.........: 1000
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD)..........: [Manual]
    
    >>>>> Standard Timing Control
    x CAS Latency Time................5...: [5]
    x tRCD ...........................5...: [5]
    x tRP.............................5...: [5]
    x tRAS...........................15...: [15]
    
    >>>>> Advanced Timing Control.........: [Press Enter] 
    x tRRD............................3...: Auto
    x tWTR............................3...: Auto
    x tWR.............................6...: Auto
    x tRFC...........................52...: Auto
    x tRTP............................3...: Auto
    x Command Rate (CMD) .............0...: Auto
    
    >>>>> Channel A Timing Settings.......: [Press Enter] 
    x Static tRead Value.............11...: [ 9]
    x tRD Phase0 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase1 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase3 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    
    x Trd2rd(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2wr(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2rd(Different Rank)..........5...: Auto
    x Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..........8...: Auto
    
    x DIMM1 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DIMM2 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DDR Write Training..................: Auto
    
    >>>>> Channel A Driving Settings......: [Press Enter] 
    x Driving Strength Profile............: [1066Mhz]
    
    x Data Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Up level...........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Up Level...........: Auto
    
    x Data Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Down level.........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Down Level.........: Auto
    
    >>>>> Channel B Timing Settings.......: [Press Enter] 
    x Static tRead Value.............11...: [ 9]
    x tRD Phase0 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase1 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase3 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    
    x Trd2rd(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2wr(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2rd(Different Rank)..........5...: Auto
    x Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..........8...: Auto
    
    x DIMM1 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DIMM2 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DDR Write Training..................: Auto
    
    >>>>> Channel B Driving Settings......: [Press Enter] 
    x Driving Strength Profile............: [1066Mhz]
    
    x Data Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Up level...........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Up Level...........: Auto
    
    x Data Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Down level.........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Down Level.........: Auto
    
    ****** Motherboard Voltage Control ******
    
    Voltage Types..........Normal...........Current
    -----------------------------------------------
    >>> CPU
    Load-Line Calibration.................: [Disabled]
    CPU Vcore..............1.27500V.......: [1.38750V]
    CPU Termination........1.200V.........: [1.320V]
    CPU PLL................1.500V.........: [1.570V]
    CPU Reference..........0.760V.........: [Normal]
    >>> MCH/ICH
    MCH Core...............1.100V.........: [1.320V] <-- 4 x 1GB memory
    MCH Reference..........0.760V.........: [0.796V] (0.720V with CPU Termination @ 1.200V)
    MCH/DRAM Reference.....0.900V.........: [Normal]
    ICH I/O................1.500V.........: [1.500V]
    ICH Core...............1.100V.........: [1.200V]
    >>> DRAM
    DRAM Voltage...........1.800V.........: [2.020V]
    DRAM Termination.......0.900V.........: [Normal]
    Channel A Reference....0.900V.........: [Normal]
    Channel B Reference....0.900V.........: [Normal]
    
    ******** Advanced BIOS Features ********
    Hard Disk Boot Priority...............: [Press Enter]
    First Boot Device.....................: [USB-HDD]
    Second Boot Device....................: [Hard Disk]
    Third Boot Device.....................: [CDROM]
    Password Check........................: [Setup]
    HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability.............: [Enabled]
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3.................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect.............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)...............: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support................:  Disabled
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.....................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology.............: [Disabled]
    Delay For HDD (Secs)..................: [ 0]
    Full Screen LOGO Show.................: [Disabled]
    Backup BIOS Image to HDD..............: [Enabled]
    Init Display First....................: [PEG]
    
    ******** Integrated Peripherals ********
    USB Keyboard Function.................: [Enabled]
    USB Mouse Function....................: [Enabled]
    USB Storage Function..................: [Disabled]
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S
    .


  2. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)

    Quote Originally Posted by profJim View Post
    Take a look at Dan's E8400 settings.
    I'm NOT recommending that you try these settings, but just to see what it took using a brute force approach without using skew settings.
    Code:
    DanW 4.250GHz 500x8.5 Bios Settings
    ***************************************
    ***************************************
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P (Rev. 1.0) - F10e
    ***************************************
    ***************************************
    
    ******************************
    MB Intelligent Tweaker(M.I.T.) 
    ******************************
    Robust Graphics Booster ..............: [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ......................: [8X]
    x Fine CPU Clock Ratio................: +0.5
    CPU Frequency ........................: 4.25GHz( 500x8.5)
    
    ********** Clock Chip Control ********
    
    >>>>>  Standard Clock Control
    CPU Host Clock Control................: [Enabled]
    x CPU Host Frequency(Mhz).............: [ 500]
    PCI Express Frequency(Mhz)............: [100]
    C.I.A.2...............................: [Disabled]
    
    >>>>> Advanced Clock Control..........: [Press Enter] 
    CPU Clock Drive.......................: [800mV]
    PCI Express Clock Drive...............: [900mV]
    CPU Clock Skew........................: [  0ps]
    MCH Clock Skew........................: [  0ps]
    
    ******** DRAM Performance Control ********
    
    Performance Enhance...................: [Standard]
    Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P.)........: [Disabled]
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch................: [Auto]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)........: [2.00D]
    Memory Frequency(Mhz).....800.........: 1000
    DRAM Timing Selectable (SPD)..........: [Manual]
    
    >>>>> Standard Timing Control
    x CAS Latency Time................5...: [5]
    x tRCD ...........................5...: [5]
    x tRP.............................5...: [5]
    x tRAS...........................15...: [15]
    
    >>>>> Advanced Timing Control.........: [Press Enter] 
    x tRRD............................3...: Auto
    x tWTR............................3...: Auto
    x tWR.............................6...: Auto
    x tRFC...........................52...: Auto
    x tRTP............................3...: Auto
    x Command Rate (CMD) .............0...: Auto
    
    >>>>> Channel A Timing Settings.......: [Press Enter] 
    x Static tRead Value.............11...: [ 9]
    x tRD Phase0 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase1 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase3 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    
    x Trd2rd(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2wr(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2rd(Different Rank)..........5...: Auto
    x Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..........8...: Auto
    
    x DIMM1 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DIMM2 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DDR Write Training..................: Auto
    
    >>>>> Channel A Driving Settings......: [Press Enter] 
    x Driving Strength Profile............: [1066Mhz]
    
    x Data Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Up level...........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Up Level...........: Auto
    
    x Data Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Down level.........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Down Level.........: Auto
    
    >>>>> Channel B Timing Settings.......: [Press Enter] 
    x Static tRead Value.............11...: [ 9]
    x tRD Phase0 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase1 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase2 Adjustment ..........0...: Auto
    x tRD Phase3 Adjustment...........0...: Auto
    
    x Trd2rd(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2wr(Different Rank)..........6...: Auto
    x Twr2rd(Different Rank)..........5...: Auto
    x Trd2wr(Same/Diff Rank)..........8...: Auto
    
    x DIMM1 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DIMM2 Clock Skew Control (ps).......: Auto
    x DDR Write Training..................: Auto
    
    >>>>> Channel B Driving Settings......: [Press Enter] 
    x Driving Strength Profile............: [1066Mhz]
    
    x Data Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Up level...........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Up Level..........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Up Level...........: Auto
    
    x Data Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Cmd Driving Pull-Down level.........: Auto
    x Ctrl Driving Pull-Down Level........: Auto
    x Clk Driving Pull-Down Level.........: Auto
    
    ****** Motherboard Voltage Control ******
    
    Voltage Types..........Normal...........Current
    -----------------------------------------------
    >>> CPU
    Load-Line Calibration.................: [Disabled]
    CPU Vcore..............1.27500V.......: [1.38750V]
    CPU Termination........1.200V.........: [1.320V]
    CPU PLL................1.500V.........: [1.570V]
    CPU Reference..........0.760V.........: [Normal]
    >>> MCH/ICH
    MCH Core...............1.100V.........: [1.320V] <-- 4 x 1GB memory
    MCH Reference..........0.760V.........: [0.796V] (0.720V with CPU Termination @ 1.200V)
    MCH/DRAM Reference.....0.900V.........: [Normal]
    ICH I/O................1.500V.........: [1.500V]
    ICH Core...............1.100V.........: [1.200V]
    >>> DRAM
    DRAM Voltage...........1.800V.........: [2.020V]
    DRAM Termination.......0.900V.........: [Normal]
    Channel A Reference....0.900V.........: [Normal]
    Channel B Reference....0.900V.........: [Normal]
    
    ******** Advanced BIOS Features ********
    Hard Disk Boot Priority...............: [Press Enter]
    First Boot Device.....................: [USB-HDD]
    Second Boot Device....................: [Hard Disk]
    Third Boot Device.....................: [CDROM]
    Password Check........................: [Setup]
    HDD S.M.A.R.T. Capability.............: [Enabled]
    Limit CPUID Max. to 3.................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect.............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)...............: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support................:  Disabled
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.....................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology.............: [Disabled]
    Delay For HDD (Secs)..................: [ 0]
    Full Screen LOGO Show.................: [Disabled]
    Backup BIOS Image to HDD..............: [Enabled]
    Init Display First....................: [PEG]
    
    ******** Integrated Peripherals ********
    USB Keyboard Function.................: [Enabled]
    USB Mouse Function....................: [Enabled]
    USB Storage Function..................: [Disabled]

    Whoah, over 0.1 V Vcore above stock and an extremely high MCH Reference -- that can't be good...

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)

    At VVT 1.240, MCH Ref 0.72, CPU Ref 0.810 (Sorry, through all these tests I've been giving MCH Ref at their stock vvt value and CPU Reference at their adjusted. I should probably be more consistent):

    Instead of BSOD I got:

    <img src = http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/2073/ibt.png>
    <img src = http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/5896/ibt2.png>


    I'm not sure if this is useful information, but figured I would report it anyways. I did get this same thing once before at other settings, but forgot to take a screen shot. Upon trying to reproduce it, I had gotten a BSOD the second time.

    EDIT: I ran the test again at the same settings, and got the same error (unlike last time, upon which - as described - I got a BSOD the second time).
    Last edited by jake8078; 09-25-2011 at 12:59 AM.

  4. #164
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)

    BSODS still 124? Pumo vcore up 1.325-1.35v.

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    BSODS still 124?
    Yes, so far.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    BSODS still 124? Pumo vcore up 1.325-1.35v.
    Okay, keep VVT at 1.24 (which is what I've been playing with the references at right now) and MCH to 0.74, CPU Ref Auto?

  7. #167
    profJim's Avatar
    profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tacoma, WA. [USA]
    Posts
    7,811

    Default Re: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)

    Good enough for a stable overclock, but ..... !!!!!
    CPU Vcore isn't bad at all, but some of the other voltages are close to being too much.
    These settings were pretty typical several years ago, but these voltages can't be great for long hardware life.
    There were many systems that used CPU Vcore = 1.40 or slightly higher, with MCH Core = 1.36 - 1.40 volts.

    Chike just recently posted a link to an OCZ clock skew post from one of the OCZ gurus.
    Ga Ep45 UD3P rev 1.0 Bios assistance, post #120.
    I'm now a believer in the possible need for using skew settings with high overclocks.
    Last edited by profJim; 09-25-2011 at 01:08 AM.
    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S
    .


  8. #168
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)

    And I thought that only one (as mentioned being the theory) will need to be changed,, but it seems practially sometimes both neeed to be changed.

  9. #169
    Chike is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    6,531

    Default Re: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)

    Quote Originally Posted by jake8078 View Post
    Okay, keep VVT at 1.24 (which is what I've been playing with the references at right now) and MCH to 0.74, CPU Ref Auto?
    Yes auto if none seem to make it better.
    Does it pass memte86+ test #5?

  10. #170
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: ED45-UD3p with 8400 Dual Core overclock help! :)

    Here's the results of playing with the skews:

    VVT 1.20

    CPU Clock skew 50
    IBT: BSOD 124

    CPU Clock skew 100
    IBT: BSOD 124

    (CPU back to 0)

    MCH Clock skew 50
    IBT: BSOD 124

    MCH Clock skew 100
    IBT: BSOD 124

    (MCH back to 0)

    VVT 1.22


    CPU Clock skew 50
    IBT: BSOD 124

    CPU Clock skew 100
    IBT: BSOD 124

    (CPU back to 0)

    MCH Clock skew 50
    IBT: BSOD 124

    MCH Clock skew 100
    IBT: BSOD 124

    (MCH back to 0)


    Saw your post at this point, so skipped VVT 1.24 skew testing, reset VVT to 1.220 and jacked up VCore to 1.325
    VVT 1.220, CPU Ref Auto, MCH 0.74

    Passed Memtest86+, then I ran IBT (didn't let it idle, so maybe that's why first result is low):

    <img src = http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/4104/ibtx.png>


Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •