Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashing bios m750 sli deluxe

Default Flashing bios m750 sli deluxe

Hi there i was looking for some help to update my bios to the newest F8K. I build my own computers but have never flashed a bios before so i thought this would be the place to ask. I am currently running the Gigabyte m750 sli board with windows 7 home 64 bit athlon 6000+ dual core , 4gb geil black dragon 1066mhz ram and msi 560gtx ti gfx. I recently purchased an amd phenom II x6 1100T which is compatible with board but only since F8K. I downloaded the bios update from gigabyte website and have 2 programs and one file on my desktop Autoexec and FLASHSPI and a flie called 75SLIDS4.F8k. I tried starting up both these programs but get a similiar message Couldnt start due to incompatibility with 64 bit versions of windows. I dont even know if im going about this the right way so anybodys help would be really appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
    Last edited by Brav3hearT; 09-23-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Flashing bios m750 sli deluxe

Those application do not work under windows, they need dos to run.
    Better use the built-in Q-Flash.
    Save the BIOS file on USB flash-drive and update it from there. Clear the Keep DMI data checkbox.

Hey sorry for being such a noob lol but i wanna make sure i know exactly what i am doing before i do this. When saving the file 75SLIDS4.F8k on to a usb stick does my stick need to be formatted in any specific way or anything or just drag and drop as it is. Also the Clear the Keep DMI data checkbox is this an option i will see in Q flash or somewhere else before hand thanks again.

It need to be formated FAT32, and the Keep DMI Data is an option in Q-Flash.

Ok i think i get it now i have formatted the usb stick to fat32 and placed the file 75SLIDS4.F8k on to the stick. Then i go into bios start q-flash and Clear the Keep DMI data checkbox as you said but when i go to load it i only get the option of Floppy A i gather i am supposed to see the usb stick there as well? Dunno why it doesnt show up any ideas?

Yes he stick should apear as HDD0-0 or USB0-0.
    Do you have USB Storage Function in integrated periferals? This may need to be enabled.

Idont have an option for USB Storage Function in integrated periferals but i have one called legacy usb storage which is enabled. Just not recognising it :\
    Last edited by Brav3hearT; 09-23-2011 at 11:41 PM.

HAve you tried bboth back and front USB ports?

Well seems it was the usb stick put it onto another and it showed up np. Did the flash it said it was successful but when the computer rebooted now i stare at a black screen monitor has went to orange light no signal :\

The board is ga-m750slids4 right?
    Are you using the onboard graphics or an add on card?
    Does it seems the computer works and just no signal, or it don't seem to boot normally?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information