Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BSOD!! GA-EP45-UD3P ver. 1.0 w/ fresh F11d BIOS Update

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: BSOD!! GA-EP45-UD3P ver. 1.0 w/ fresh F11d BIOS Update

The drive you install is the first in boot order?
    Try disabling all boot devices but hard disk. then set the drive you want to install windows on first in disk boot order.
    To boot from the instalation CD press F12 during post(right after the keyboard lights flash) and select CD-ROM from the menu.
    How long does it take to install windows xp on SSD drive?

Chike,

Tried your ideas but with no success. Gonna try wiping the SSD and reformatting it and try again. I really think I should not have checked the box to remove the driver after install when I made my first mod, probalby not the issue tho' because made a second that supposedly kept it intact... but I'm grasping at straws

I'd go with the IDE for instalation, and switch to AHCI it's easy.
    HOW TO switch from IDE to AHCI mode without having to reinstall Win XP (GUIDE)

yeah, I kinda knew I could since the beginning, but that's like admitting defeat. But... I think it's getting close to raising the white flag

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

With all this you may as well update your xp cd to sp3 too. It may not be needed but it could be one thing that could be holding you back. Try to keep it unmodified as much as possible to make sure thats not what is causing any issues.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Just a thought, maybe you'd have better luck with latest service pack.

I'd download Service Pack 3 from Microsoft, right?

Yes

Well I'm back at fresh this morning (well as fresh as 4 1/2 hours sleep will get me) and I've been doing some more reading and investigating. I'd like to try this once or twice more before I give up.

I'm thinking that maybe my problem is that the Textmode driver that I loaded intially got me through so the BIOS could pick up the drive to load the install files but because I did not have PNP drivers installed for the reboot that's why it hanged. If I try to load the PNP drivers I can't load the textmode drivers and I'm back to the BSOD. I'm reading some of the help files from the nLite streamlining program that has links to other Intel drivers and maybe I can have some success there.

I do have a couple quetions though that popped up while investigating all this:

The GA-E45-UD3P actually has (2) sets of SATA ports, first the (2) Gigabyte GSATAs run through the Gigabyte controller that are colored green on the board then the (6) orange SATA ports that are driven by the Intel ICH10R chip. I also noted that I can independantly control the GSATAs and standard SATAs in IDE, AHCI or RAID through the BIOS. The GSATAs I would obviously have to use Gigabyte drivers to operate them but I know when I was asking Gigabyte support about them a couple years ago they strongly steered me away from using them as my Hard Drive ports. Uhm, I did anyways and I can't remember how I got them to work or even what mode I had them in when I did so but keep in mind I was running Win7 64 and that may have been part of the reason how I got them working. I can't even remember if I downloaded the Gigabyte drivers for them at the time. The computer did eventually crash on me I think it was when I had the 2 SSD's I have set up in a RAID0 mode so I guess I do remember how it was set up. The last configuration I had the computer running in was using a single SSD on one of the orange SATAs because I thought part of my problem was possible instability with the GSATAs.

My question now is, hey I could connect my SSD to one of the GSATAs in AHCI mode and then run my DVD on the IHC10R SATAs in IDE and get rid of part of my problem installing. I'd still have to make sure I could get Gigabyte PNP AHCI drivers working properly in time for the first reboot. Has anyone had good luck running Hard Drives off the GSATAs or should I stay away from them?

2nd question is how bad could I have treated my poor SSDs by hot swapping them while my working computer was in IDE mode rather than AHCI? AHCI supporting hot swapping was one of the tidbits I came across this morning and I know I've been hot swapping in IDE mode.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcard View Post
    My question now is, hey I could connect my SSD to one of the GSATAs in AHCI mode and then run my DVD on the IHC10R SATAs in IDE and get rid of part of my problem installing. I'd still have to make sure I could get Gigabyte PNP AHCI drivers working properly in time for the first reboot. Has anyone had good luck running Hard Drives off the GSATAs or should I stay away from them?
    I think you can make it more simple.
    Connect the DVD and SSD to the GSATA ports in IDE mode, and set AHCI mode on the Intel ports, and install windows and then the Intel drivers. This way you can use the original windows CD.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information