Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Marvell RAID issue

Default Marvell RAID issue

I have a Gigabyte X68XP-UD3 mobo with dedicated gaming RAID 0 setup on Velociraptor 600GB drives and the Marvel controller. Keep getting event messages from the Marvell utility informing that "Request to physical disk 1 is timing out." The error is intermittent and does not crash my system and I can even keep a game running off of my RAID array while enduring the freezes. I've verified the SATA connectors are seated properly on the drive and mobo. Has anyone seen this error msg before and know whether it is a drive or RAID controller issue? I have the latest Marvell and Gigabyte drivers installed. No problems during boot but start soon after. Tried the WD diagnostic program (Data Lifeguard) and it only showed one of the physical drives in my RAID array -- not the one I am having issues with. Does that mean anything? Not sure since the WD program didnt show the intermittent drive even when it was performing correctly. Any advice would be appreciated.

Default Re: Marvell RAID issue

missile742
    In my experience once a set of disks has been put under RAID controller control then application level visibility to the individual discs disappears (see MS Disk Manager for example) and this may be why the WD Data Lifeguard is unable to see the individual discs
    I am using my Marvell SATA-600 for RAID1 and I have not had any problems and have been doing some very heavy data movements

Don't know if that helps at all

Thread Information