Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 not shutting off completely when powering down, and BIOS loop.

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 not shutting off completely when powering down, and BIOS lo

isnt their something in the bios that says "instant off" when power button pressed? try with the igpu turned off or disabled if it has the option,seems strange that one board does it yet the other doesnt,you could try fully clearing the cmos by removing mb battery for 30mins or overnight,then put back in and load optimized defaults and re-enter your bios settings
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD4 not shutting off completely when powering down, and BIOS lo

Been really busy these few days. The Soft-Off by PWR-BTTN in BIOS is set to Instant-Off (by default). I'll try playing with the other BIOS settings this weekend and report back.

Just an update of what I did this weekend, I try disabling the on board video and the symptoms are still there. So I finally popped in a different HDD and installed a clean version of Windows and so far the problem is gone, but all I did was install the drivers and updated the OS no other software was installed, so far so good.

Now here is the kicker, i had to do some work so i swapped the old HDD back in and now the symptoms seems to only manifest about 30% this has me puzzling, I've turn off the machine 10 times and only 3 times where the machines did not shutdown. During this test I did not load any applications, I let the OS boot up. Wait for about 2-3 minutes after login, and I shutdown the computer.

I really like to find out what's going on, but this looks like something that would just take too much of my time. For now I can live with the 30% and will probably pick up a SSD in the near future.

Oh and one more thing, BIOS version F5 may have fixed the boot loop I was getting. It haven't reboot on me after the flash. Lets hope it stays that way.

And thanks for everyone that helped.

What make/model hdd's were they? If they support smart test with it enabled/disabled in the BIOS,some hdd's have firmware updates too,its worth testing,glad you found the cause though
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I wrote on another thread you can check in Device Manager the hardware that has the option "Power management" and in that tab select "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Usually network cards, USB, IEEE 1394...

wazza300

The main HDD I'm using that has the issue is a WD Caviar Black 2TB model number WD2002FAEX, i have three partitions on it one for OS one for programs, and one for storage. The HDD i used this weekend was a 3 years old Seagate Barracuda 250GB drive can't recall the model number off my head.

I'll google around and see if there is another version of firmware for my main drive.

DarkSeeD

Thanks I'll poke around and see what those settings will do, since this is a home PC i left most of the settings on default.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information