Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Z68XP-UD3 - Anyone know a detailed power fault script?

Question Z68XP-UD3 - Anyone know a detailed power fault script?

After powering off my Z68XP-UD3 system I attempt to power the PC back on and it is completely dead - like nothing at all

I have a OCZ700MSXP and have been to their website to find a way to check the PSU.
    When I remove mains lead, all modular power cables from back of PSU, I remove all the MB power cables and only have on except 1 fan to put a load on PSU
    I then follow instrcution from OCZ to fool PSU into thinking MB is there (i.e. bypass the power switch). At this point OCZ reconnect power lead and switch on rear power switch.

The PSU fan & system fan (see above) spin then and therefore PSU is functioning correctly

If the power supply is not the problem I now have to find out what is

Does anyone have, or can point me to, as power fault diagnostic script for my MB or a similar MB?

As this is my business PC I have ordered a second power supply, a Gold 80Plus 850W, with which I can totally rule out any PSU failure (or not) however; I would like to have followed a structured analysis before I have to conclude my 1 week old MB is fried

Default Re: Z68XP-UD3 - Anyone know a detailed power fault script?

could be psu,even if the fans spin up on it,it still could be faulty,i would wait until your new one arrives then you will know for sure and rma the old unit,even if you bypass the power switch it can still not produce enough juice to power up the mb and components

you could try fully clearing the cmos by removing mb battery for 30mins or overnight,then try
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wazza300,

Many thanks for the speedy response and I believe your suspicions may be well founded

My thinking was to go back to the position with everything unplugged and the MB power switch bypassed and the use the following procedure to eliminate the potential cause:
    Start Loop:
    1) Power off and remove mains cable
    2) Add one modular cable to the PSU
    3) Replace the main cable
    4) Power on PC
    Check for device power up - 1, if so GoTo Start Loop, Else:
    a) Power off and remove mains cable
    b) If only 1 device on modular cable End, Else Remove one of the devices in the Modular cable
    c) Replace Power cable
    d) Power on PC
    Check for device power up - 2, if so GoTo Check for device power up - 1
    End
    At this point I should know which device is causing the short

All that said when I went back to the point with everything except fans disconnected and MB switch bypassed, nothing happened - FAULTY PSU

Thank heavens for that I had major concerns that I have somehow fried my MB, memoery, SSD or something of that ilk with a less rebust returns policy than the PSU

Do you have any suggestions as to the validity of the Power testing sequence as it may well be of value to others?

i have no idea on how to test psu,i know you can short the wires so it runs while not plugged into the mb but ive never had to do this,best way would be simply swapping it for another unit,or keep a cheap psu spare for testing purposes
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information