Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Update BIOS in @BIOS

Lightbulb Update BIOS in @BIOS

I would like to update bios(upgrade of computer = better cp and vga) from version of bios F9 to new F11e. I download the correct one from this page: http://www.gigabyte.cz/products/page.../download/bios then unpack, the file "EP45DS3R.BIN" has 131 Kb and this file i opened in software @BIOS. It wrote message "Can not load ROM image from BIN file. Maybe BIN file size not match." I would like to install new cp Intel Pentium Dual Core E6800 3.33GHz So I need to instal that bios, but i dont have usd drive here now, is there any solution? Thanks for help, Ondrej

My comp: W7, 32bit, motherboard GA-EP45-DSR3 rev.1003, 4gb, E5200, ATI HD4600

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

Default Re: Update BIOS in @BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Ondras View Post
    I would like to update bios(upgrade of computer = better cp and vga) from version of bios F9 to new F11e. I download the correct one from this page: http://www.gigabyte.cz/products/page.../download/bios then unpack, the file "EP45DS3R.BIN" has 131 Kb and this file i opened in software @BIOS. It wrote message "Can not load ROM image from BIN file. Maybe BIN file size not match." I would like to install new cp Intel Pentium Dual Core E6800 3.33GHz So I need to instal that bios, but i dont have usd drive here now, is there any solution? Thanks for help, Ondrej

I dont see where you are having a problem. I just downloaded the bios F11e with is labeled "motherboard_bios_ga-ep45-ds3r_f11e.exe". With winrar installed I right click downloaded file and chose "extract to ...." In the new folder that just got created you should see the file "EP45DS3R.11e" this is the actual bios file that is read by @bios or q-flash.

It is highly recommended you use q-flash to flash the bios. But if you need to use @bios please make sure you download the latest version of @bios.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

MadMax2911 is offline Member

Default Re: Update BIOS in @BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Ondras View Post
    I would like to update bios(upgrade of computer = better cp and vga) from version of bios F9 to new F11e. I download the correct one from this page: http://www.gigabyte.cz/products/page.../download/bios then unpack, the file "EP45DS3R.BIN" has 131 Kb and this file i opened in software @BIOS. It wrote message "Can not load ROM image from BIN file. Maybe BIN file size not match." I would like to install new cp Intel Pentium Dual Core E6800 3.33GHz So I need to instal that bios, but i dont have usb drive here now, is there any solution? Thanks for help, Ondrej
    Primarily, I would advise you to not use @BIOS...All other people here tell us to use the Q-Flash utility in the BIOS!!!!
    First of all, I would use getright(free) to download the BIOS file from the gigabyte site(or other approved site like tweaktown forums BIOS page-BETA BIOS FILES THAT ARE UNDER TESTING) Getright makes sure that the download is a complete file. The BIOS files from Tweaktown forums are undergoing testing and may not be the best for a new user to use. I however, do use BIOS files from TT forums, as I trust that I will receive support from the guys here, and the boards have a dual BIOS (backup BIOS).

As for the BIOS file from that site I DL'd the one from the america option and it is the correct size as outlined in the BIOS flashing how-to thread here at TT forums located here-->> http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html After DL I opened the file and chose a folder that I named and checked the size and all was well. The EP45DS3R.11e file is 1024KB in size which is correct, I do not know how you got a different size?

As for the no USB drive problem you can use a floppy drive(fairly new and good quality) or use a partitioning software to set up a FAT32 partition on your hard drive and put the file there with no folder(drag and drop all three files). Edit: please enable "Backup BIOS image to HDD" in your BIOS, I think its in the Advanced BIOS features page. You can tap tap the delete key while booting to get into the BIOS, then control+F1 to enable advanced options in BIOS. Then down arrow to Advanced BIOS features-then enter-then down arrow to "Backup BIOS image to HDD"-then enable-then press escape-then save and exit. Then follow the flashing guide shown above in the link to flash your BIOS. Please use getright(free) to DL the file again. I would also re-DL the F9 or even F10 file and put that on a different floppy or FAT32 partition as an emergency measure. If one BIOS file does not work then use the other one and please do Not Turn off the Power while FLASHING. Again I hope you use Q-Flash and NOT @BIOS as @BIOS is not as good.
    EDITED POST!!
    Hope all this helps you Buddy
    Max
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 11-20-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: add imp info
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Thread Information