Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3R Reboots and Beeps-No Startup

MadMax2911 is offline Member

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3R Reboots and Beeps-No Startup

Well I am getting a bit beaten up by this sound card and am still searching for solutions.
    Here is an update on my progress of swapping card out to another PC. started up my other rig (The UD3LR) and Uninstalled the Audio Software for onboard sound. I checked the settings in the BIOS prior to resetting with a reset switch I have routed to the front panel (30 secs). I booted to the BIOS and loaded optimised defaults and then reset all settings. I made sure to disable the "audio Codec" as well, then boot back to windows.
    After installing the X-Fi, I tried to go to windows update to install any updates for this X-Fi card. Win Update tried installing, but then froze, so I had to force shutdown. I rolled back to my prepared restore point complete with ERUNT back up (Registry).
    At this point, I thought I will try to install the current approved (non beta) driver. started the install and was greeted with the "Setup is unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running this setup program" Then I ask myself, are you serious?
    Looking back at creative forums, I found a thread that deals with the problem of "no audio device detected " it is here -->> "No Audio Device Detected" Proble - Page 4
    Some say to check the services.msc for services that will not restart on their own like windows audio. I also checked other services and some were set to manual, so I set to automatic and started them. Some were related to installing devices (windows installer, windows driver foundation-this one will not start up due to a problem etc), but I reset most of them just to try for now. Another, poster said that XP needs the original install disc and later OS versions just need the DLed driver and Apps. Still another said to try the clean boot method to clean up a previous install and then reinstall etc etc.
    Still others say to do a clean reformat of the hard drive and reinstall windows XP. They say to watch what programs that are installed that relate to the audio device(they may cause problems).
    I am making some conclusions now that there may be serious problems with this device or some other reasons may be interfering with this installation routine. I recall the DS3R PC had only the X-Fi card available during windows update(yes I reinstalled that OS recently). It worked after install for a while and then came the problems sometimes thinking it was plugged into wrong port(speakers). I got it to work for a while before it stopped working altogether. Now as I can surmise the card may be damaged or, as someone explained on the forum, XP does not support certain sound cards. Still further, what about the article that explained the driver issues that were present in the early drivers and the IRQ sharing problems I provided that link in the last post.
    EDITED POST at 5:52PM
    Contacting Creative support but this product is well out of warranty.
    Madmax2911 out
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 12-05-2011 at 08:55 AM. Reason: EDIT
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

Just off the top of my head I think you have some sort of grounding issue....Still

Quote Originally Posted by Conners View Post
    Just off the top of my head I think you have some sort of grounding issue....Still
    Thanks Conners for the information, and looking at this scenario the grounding issue in the other PC could have damaged this card. Also, I have heard that the power needs to be unplugged when installing PCI cards and that may not have been done(but the power was switched off). Maybe its time to look for another card?
    BUILD #2 GA-EP45-DS3R [Rev1.0] BIOS Flashed F11e, CPU=INTEL Core2 Quad Q8200 Yorkfield-4M LGA 775 with Mugen2 cooler RAM= Mushkin 996599 link 2 x 2GB, Hard drive=WD 6400AAKS, DVD=HP dvd1160i OS=Win 7 SP1 64 bit Video=BFG 8800GTS OC edition CASE=Thermaltake Tsunami Dream P.S.=Antec TP3-650

Build #3 GA-EP45-UD3LR__rev 1.0__ BIOS F11, CPU Core2 Duo E8400 3.157GHz WMugen2 Cooler, Power Supply: Antec EA-500D 500 W, RAM: Corsair 2 GB Hard Drive: WD 160 GB OS: Win XP SP3 Video: MSI GTS450 2GB

i would buy some extra stand off screws and screw your mb down fully just to make sure its secure and earthed,then i would unplug your soundcard and clean the gold contacts with alcahol and then try and see if it gets detected by windows,i would wait on buying a new hdd nows not the best time regarding prices,you can re activate windows as many times as you like,maybe you will need to phone them after so many activations but its fairly easy process,try unplugging/rebooting/installing the sound card a few times just to see if it gets detected
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    i would buy some extra stand off screws and screw your mb down fully just to make sure its secure and earthed,then i would unplug your soundcard and clean the gold contacts with alcahol and then try and see if it gets detected by windows,i would wait on buying a new hdd nows not the best time regarding prices,you can re activate windows as many times as you like,maybe you will need to phone them after so many activations but its fairly easy process,try unplugging/rebooting/installing the sound card a few times just to see if it gets detected
    Hi Wazza300, thanks for replying with more information. I just got through scouring the forums at creative and thought a clean boot install, then uninstall and reinstall would work but it did not. It still gave the error of not detecting the card. At least I was able to install the software this time. I can try other things as you say, one would be to reinstall windows just for the sake of seeing if its some windows files that are missing. I remember seeing a youtube video about a sound card that works and then stops working, but he said that he had a corrupted driver. If this is a defective batch of cards why dosent creative just say something about it? Oh yeah then they would have to put out more money in the form of products replaced. It always comes down to money issue in my opinion. And dont forget that some experts are blaming shoddy drivers and IRQ sharing issues. I am tired good night. Sleepy smiley :)

I guess I am missing the whole point here... my bad. Is the main issue you are having is with your sound card not being recognized by the creative update program? I'm lost sorry...

Please note this post has been edited for SpElLiNg eRrors and to give a logical recap.
    The problem originally started out as a beeping no boot situation. I then pulled the video card out to see if I could get it to boot, it did boot.
    Video Card Suspicions
    I tried a PCI video card first as I suspected a video card failure. I believe at this point I entered the BIOS and got the overclock error message in a big red box. I cleared the BIOS, loaded optimised defaults and then reset settings. Then I changed the RAM voltage and hard drive settings. I put the 6600GT videocard back in the secondary slot and booted (probably not the best idea as it had to reinstall the device I think)
    Some other causes could be 2-3 loose mobo stand offs (which I took out thinking I was going to put a larger cooler on)-overclocking-and audio card problems. It could be that the audio card had a internal melt down which caused the beep- no start condition?????
    ---===\\\EDIT: THIS IS WHERE I AM NOW AND WHAT I AM DOING NOW///===---
    I removed the sound card from the UD3LR PC for a while and started seeing some wierd problems. The IE would just close or crash or system will freeze and need a shutdown. Upon startup this eve I noticed a message "The system ahs recovered from a SERIOUS ERROR. A log of this error has been created. Please tell microsoft about this problem......." I am not sure why it is happening because there is no faulty hardware installed, only software remnants. It looks like there was some activity in the restore department as two restore points were automatically set, at the same time as trouble. I believe I am done testing except for retrying with a new method. If I try to go to device manager and UPDATE DRIVER FIRST and then run the installer in a clean boot situation. I do want to burn a bootable disk(EaseUS) just in case I have a crash as I realise I have an old version of EaseUS TODO backup installed. Then when I am done I just do a recovery from the boot disc and then reinstall the onboard sound. :)
    December 13 Update: My latest attempt was a failure, but there may be other options still. Like I still havent tried cleaning the contacts with rubbing alcohol. I also could try reinstalling the OS and windows update for the missing files etc. However, if its a hardware problem then the part needs to be replaced end of story. :(
    BLUE SCREEN ERROR BIG TIME 12-13-2011

--==\\THANKS FOR TUNING IN//==--
    Hope its clearer now.....Max
    Last edited by MadMax2911; 12-14-2011 at 12:07 PM. Reason: edit and add infor.

profJim is online now Chief Munchkin + moderator

Question Re: GA-EP45-DS3R Reboots and Beeps-No Startup

It's clear as mud

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information