Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: On/Off Charge feature on GA-P55-UD4P rev. 1

Default On/Off Charge feature on GA-P55-UD4P rev. 1

Hi all,

I've searched some of the posts about On/Off Charge and I'm hoping that I can get a conclusive answer to my question: does On/Off Charge work on the rev.1 GA-P55-UD4P? By all accounts, the mobo needs a USB 3.0 header, but the rev.1 GA-P55-UD4P does not have one. This would logically lead me to believe that On/Off Charge does not work for this board, yet Gigabyte's product support website clearly advertises and offers it as a compatible download. I installed it and tested my HTC Trophy on both front and back USB ports, but in each case the phone loses power/charging when the PC goes into sleep mode.

Am I just out of luck? If so, I'd ask Gigabyte to update their site/documentation accordingly and detach this feature from this motherboard model's list of add-ons. Otherwise, I guess I'll need some hand-holding to get this working correctly, so thanks in advance!
    CPU: Intel Core i5-750 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P (BIOS: F10) | VGA: Asus EAH5850 | PSU: Enermax Revolution85+ 850W | RAM: G.Skill Trident 8GB (2x F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD) | SSD: Intel X25-M G2 160GB | OS: Win7 x64

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: On/Off Charge feature on GA-P55-UD4P rev. 1

It might be the device not the board.
    The motherboard does not neet to have USB 3 ports (x3 power means more current not USB 3, if thats what you have thought).
    The USB ports supposed to have power on at all times. I know mine does, if I connect a led lamp to it it works wether it's on ot off.

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

Default Re: On/Off Charge feature on GA-P55-UD4P rev. 1

Quote Originally Posted by SquadBumrush View Post
    Hi all,

I've searched some of the posts about On/Off Charge and I'm hoping that I can get a conclusive answer to my question: does On/Off Charge work on the rev.1 GA-P55-UD4P? By all accounts, the mobo needs a USB 3.0 header, but the rev.1 GA-P55-UD4P does not have one. This would logically lead me to believe that On/Off Charge does not work for this board, yet Gigabyte's product support website clearly advertises and offers it as a compatible download. I installed it and tested my HTC Trophy on both front and back USB ports, but in each case the phone loses power/charging when the PC goes into sleep mode.

Am I just out of luck? If so, I'd ask Gigabyte to update their site/documentation accordingly and detach this feature from this motherboard model's list of add-ons. Otherwise, I guess I'll need some hand-holding to get this working correctly, so thanks in advance!
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1156 - GA-P55-UD4P (rev. 1.0)

On/Off Charge Technology
    GIGABYTE On/Off Charge technology allows you to charge your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch regardless of whether your PC is on, in standby mode or even off. A derivative of GIGABYTE's highly acclaimed 3x USB Power feature, On/Off Charge enables devices to draw more current from GIGABYTE motherboard USB ports than standard USB ports allow, so that charging from your PC can be as fast as with a charger...more
    *Due to certain mobile phone limitations, users may need to connect the mobile phone to their PC before the PC enters S4/S5 mode to enable a quick charge from non On/Off Charge USB ports. Charging results may vary by model.
    *Whether to support 3X USB power design, it may vary by models.
    This was taken from gigabytes website for your board. Make sure you have the latest bios and install the latest on/off charge driver installed. both of them can be found in the stickies on this forum.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Thread Information