Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev1.0) Install, Bios and Test procedures with Questions.

Default Re: GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev1.0) Install, Bios and Test procedures with Questions.

All good Wazza,.

I haven't been able to recreate the crash scenario but have run problem free since.
    To my eyes it's was the relocation of the pagefile.

That cooler is somewhat heavy!. That might just sit nicely in my new HTPC which has a case design of the motherboard lying flat and paralel to the desk.
    Nice Ram clearance (finally).

Currently working on backend software for my HTPC which is to serve my frontend XBMC.
    GAEP45 UD3P rev1.1
    Intel E8400 @4.2Ghz
    Corsair Cl4 DDr2 800
    Ati 4890
    Bequite 670watt
    Westerndigital Black 500gb

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-Z68XP-UD4 (rev1.0) Install, Bios and Test procedures with Questions.

Great to hear everything has been running smoothly for you!

So it wasn't Ramdisk, or does that even have anything to do with the pagefile as well?

I do not want othes to take my word for it that ramdisk had nothing to do with it.

But,.. as far as I can tell it was only related to the pagefile. Ram disk may be associated with pagefile but by moving my pagefile off my OS (SSD) is where the problem arose.
    As mentioned earlier I have now set it to active and @1GB min/max.

Not at all related: I am currently working on my HTPC build (from old GA EP45 UD3p board) with XBMC as my frontend and mediaportal tv server at my backend. My goal here is to achieve a one box solution for all media.
    This includes:
    • Live TV
    • Recorded TV with PVR setup
    • DVD player (VLC, and or others)
    • Bluray playback (eventually)
    • Music
    • Radio
    • Media streaming from Web
    • Dolby digital amplifier (eventually in case)
    • Remote control access to everything from couch
    • All movies, recorded Tv, Music etc to be housed on TB HDD'S

XBMC is an amzingly powerful open source piece of software that I may even impliment a custom OS for this. ( be that of Linux or Ubuntu). In fact I am having a hard time finding what OS is not supported. Even the playstion and a lot of retail tvsetup boxes are supported.

Enough blah I must get back to editing my XBMC scripts.
    GAEP45 UD3P rev1.1
    Intel E8400 @4.2Ghz
    Corsair Cl4 DDr2 800
    Ati 4890
    Bequite 670watt
    Westerndigital Black 500gb

Well at least you have solved it for now!

Good luck on setting up the new machine, and your script editing too!!

Hi, all. First appologies for my english, it's far from perfect. I've purchased this board after a bad experience with ASUS, or their faulty BIOS to be more correct,

This board is running fine, beside the following : after building a system, and pressing a "reset" button, to make sure if this button is proprely connected to the Front Panel Header and rebooting I've been reported : Wainting for ME ..., and another screen appeared stating, that the overclocking failed, and everything will be set to the default setting. Only thing I did is loading X.M.P. profile, for Mushkin Redline with RAM sticks in all slots. I need some suggestion regarding this issue !

Please try to avoid the reset button, it's been buggy in P67/Z68 for a long time :(

As for the ME, you need to update your BIOS to the latest version, and I would suggest the latest beta because they just updated to the latest ME firmware to address bootup and boot loop issues during startup.

Here is the latest BIOSes, please flash with Qflash or DOS, and once you are done flashing enter the BIOS and load optimized defaults then save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS. Once in the BIOS again set your SATA settings and any other changes you need such as memory voltage, ect.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...beta-bios.html

Then flash the backup BIOS to match the MAIN BIOS, here's how to do that, and if you have issues with a USB KB you may need to use a PS/2 one or USb to PS/2 adapter
    GIGABYTE Tech Daily: Video guide how to update your backup bios on GIGABYTE P67 boards

Your English sounds fine to me by the way!! Which Mushkin model do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Your English sounds fine to me by the way!! Which Mushkin model do you have?
    Thanks for the ecouragement, my vocabulary is narrowed, so sometimes I am heaving hard time expressing myself,

I have two Mushin Redline 997007 ( 1866 Mhz, 1,5 v) kits , running flawlessly, so far, I hope will stay that way. Will follow the advice and stay away from reseting the system , even for the test. I've had hard time flashing BIOS on ASUS motherboard which got removed from the site later, so if this RESET issue turns out to be the only problem , I'll stick to the current BIOS. As you surelly know, one issue is solved with the new BIOS and another may emerge. I am very thankfull for your suggestion ,

Currently , system is running at stock settings. Can u please, advise what setting should be applied, so it could run at 4, 2 GHz ? CPU is 2500k. BIOS revision F2.
    Last edited by orangec; 02-16-2012 at 01:24 AM.

Well the reset issue is not likely to be your only issue, so updating to the very latest beta is suggested because it fixes many issues, but if you don't run into any other issues that's great!

To run 4.2, all you need to do is set CPU multi to x42, then you'll have to find what voltage your CPU likes for 4.2Ghz (Maybe 1.18-1.3x, depends on your CPU). You could leave it on auto and see what auto sets for 4.2, then go back and manually set that and see how far you can lower it. Then also either manually set your memory speed, timings and voltage, or use XMP

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    To run 4.2, all you need to do is set CPU multi to x42, then you'll have to find what voltage your CPU likes for 4.2Ghz (Maybe 1.18-1.3x, depends on your CPU). You could leave it on auto and see what auto sets for 4.2, then go back and manually set that and see how far you can lower it. Then also either manually set your memory speed, timings and voltage, or use XMP
    Ok, but what vcore reading is right : BIOS, CPU-Z or AIDA 64. BIOS reports 1,2xx voltage and CPU-Z 1.044 V at stock settings. What applications should I be using to test system stability and what particular verison, if any ? What about LLC and dynamic vcore ( I presume this is offset voltage in fact), should these be left to default (Disabled and Auto, respectively) ?

If you are not manually setting the Vcore, then it can vary, and you should only look in the PC health section of the BIOS if you are using Auto Vcore. CPU-z and AIDA64 would show the same amount, this is minus Vdrop and Vdroop from what's set in the BIOS. That is normal and be Intel design. So if you manually set 1.25V in the BIOS, you may get 1.21V in windows while idle, and that may droop to 1.19-1.20 under load, all normal.

You can test stability with Memtest86+, Prime95, OCCT, LinX, ect, there's tons of tests you can use so it's up to you which you eventually like to use.

You can get them all here
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

Yes, DVID is offset, if you don't want to directly set Vcore by actual voltage amounts. LLC I suggest using Level 1 if you only have two choices, or 5-7 if you have 10 choices, but this is also something you'll need to try a few until you find which you like.

If running stock, then yes you can leave all of that on auto. For 4.2Ghz you should manually adjust all of those, I suggest using direct Vcore not DVID and LLC level 1 (If only two), or level 5-7, but again these are all up to you to decide what you like and what your board/CPU likes. They are all different, so we can't give you an exact setting that is going to automatically work right away, you'll have to tinker around and tweak things until you get stability.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information