Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Help me OC an EP45T-UD3LR + Core2duo E8400

Default Re: Help me OC an EP45T-UD3LR + Core2duo E8400

Quote Originally Posted by Conners View Post
    There in lies your problem... if you can't a stable system on optimized defaults your wasiting your time trying to OC IMO.
    just for learning.. The reason 8gb ram isn't stable for OC is because of the p45 chipset / socket 775 cpu? I mean, I've seen OC systems with 8 or more gb ram but with newer mobos..
    -Intel E8400 Wolfdale + Corsair H50 + Corsair Vengeance 8gb@1600mhz + XFX HD-5770 + GIGABYTE EP45T-UD3LR/F5 BIOS rev 1.0 + Barracuda 1TB = Cooler Master CM-690II advanced

It's possible to run 8 gigs of ram may just a little more difficult in getting the right settings. I think we need to get you a stable optimized settings. One reason if your ocing and run into a boot problem and the system wants to go back to default settings and there is none you will just boot loop. Does that make sense?
    Last edited by Conners; 01-19-2012 at 02:55 AM.

It's possible to run 8 gigs of ram may just a little more difficult in getting the right settings. I think we need to get you a stable optimized settings. One reason if your ocing and run into a boot problem and the system wants to go back to default settings and there is none you will just boot loop. Does that make sense?
    still that doesn't answer my question about if the problem is the p45 chipset, if not.. OC will still suck with 8gb even if I buy a brand new X79 chipset mobo.. on the other hand the thing you're saying about boot loop is wrong, when I load a setting in M.I.T and fails, the thing reboots twice and then goes to the FAIL-SAFE or stantdar settings, NOT to the "optimized defaults". I can run normally the 8gb ram at 333fsb, 1333mhz mem rate (thats without touching m.i.t) but when I press LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS and save & quit, I get the dual reboot until it boot again with fail-safe settings
    It's not like I didn't understand what you tried to say with the boot loop, but if optimized defaults was really loading after every failed settings, then I'll be in the loop you said.

update= so I've switched my rams to my "old ones" (patriot viper 2x2gb 7-7-7-20@1.9v) to try if loades the optimized defaults.. the result: it didn't
    it's not like its an 8gb problem, maybe is a bios version issue. I might try the f12e
    -Intel E8400 Wolfdale + Corsair H50 + Corsair Vengeance 8gb@1600mhz + XFX HD-5770 + GIGABYTE EP45T-UD3LR/F5 BIOS rev 1.0 + Barracuda 1TB = Cooler Master CM-690II advanced

Quote Originally Posted by gado45 View Post
    on the other hand the thing you're saying about boot loop is wrong, when I load a setting in M.I.T and fails, the thing reboots twice and then goes to the FAIL-SAFE or stantdar settings, NOT to the "optimized defaults". I can run normally the 8gb ram at 333fsb, 1333mhz mem rate (thats without touching m.i.t) but when I press LOAD OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS and save & quit, I get the dual reboot until it boot again with fail-safe settings
    It's not like I didn't understand what you tried to say with the boot loop, but if optimized defaults was really loading after every failed settings, then I'll be in the loop you said.
    I stand corrected my bad...

Chike is offline Senior Member

How do you tell fail-safe settings from opimized defaults?

On thing you might try is if you are using the green memory slots try the red ones or reverse of that. Now for me when you load optimized defaults do yo go in your bios nad set up your drives ( IDE, ACHI) and manually input your v core to whatever it is and also manually set up vdim voltage, then reboot?

On thing you might try is if you are using the green memory slots try the red ones or reverse of that. Now for me when you load optimized defaults do yo go in your bios nad set up your drives ( IDE, ACHI) and manually input your v core to whatever it is and also manually set up vdim voltage, then reboot?
    no, I just put "LOAD OPTMIZED DEFAULTS" on bios and then save & quit..

Well give that a try on the settings...

will try.. I've just said it's weird because loading optmized defaults worked just fine before updating bios, Im now on f10, on f12e says "improved memory support"

Quote Originally Posted by gado45 View Post
    will try.. I've just said it's weird because loading optmized defaults worked just fine before updating bios, Im now on f10, on f12e says "improved memory support"
    You should always load optimized defaults after flashing. It may be in your best intrest to flash your bios to the F12e bios...

Also if your system won't boot after loading the changes made to optimized defaults you will probably need to add a click at a time vcore and possibably a little more than stock vdim voltage till it boots up. Be careful on the vdim though. I think I read where 1.6v is safe.

One more thing after you have changed your settings in optimized defaults and have rebooted go back into the bios and save it to your HD and or usb stick and give it a name such as basic settings. This bios save is wot we'll be using for your stable unclucked settings.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information