Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

SotirIII is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

yep. i've done all of that, including the bclk.

as to the back-up bios, not yet. i'll do it.

apparently, this z77 board is like a h77, with no options to tweak cpu voltages. the only voltage option listed is the dram.

SotirIII is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

update - same results when i flashed the back up bios with the same bios version as the main bios. tried both power button method and shorting the front panel power pins but still requires multiple attempts to post.

the best to do right now is to have it in sleep mode. no more shutdown as of the moment.

another funny things:
    *the lan led keeps on blinking even in total shutdown phase (when the unit is plugged in).
    *when i power it up, i can see and hear the fans spinning in top speed then dwindles down (cpu and case; like a strong surge of voltage is coming in then after a sec, it's back to normal).

update:

f14f does the trick for me.

Last edited by SotirIII; 12-01-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: update

I've had this Board - Z77X-D3H for over a year now, occasionally cold boots loop 2~10 times before being able to get into windows.

A minor issue I'd like to fix, I've tried all the different BIOS by gigabyte assigned to this board but the issue persists.

Any recommendations? Perhaps a BIOS designed for a different board?

I have the same problem and found a solution. In the BIOS settings, after setting the default standard in Fast Boot menu select Ultra fast. Ready! Cold boot will never happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    I've had this Board - Z77X-D3H for over a year now, occasionally cold boots loop 2~10 times before being able to get into windows.

A minor issue I'd like to fix, I've tried all the different BIOS by gigabyte assigned to this board but the issue persists.

Any recommendations? Perhaps a BIOS designed for a different board?
    I have the same problem and found a solution. In the BIOS settings, after setting the default standard in Fast Boot menu select Ultra fast. Ready! Cold boot will never happen again.

Anarchy, worked?

I know it's 3-4 years later, but was a definite solution to this problem ever found?

I haven't tried the fast boot to Ultra solution yet as I'm in the middle of trying to get my system sorted after the latest corruption (see below). Just thought I'd ask in the meantime, in case there is a definite permanent solution.

I have a z97 Gaming 5 and I've been suffering with this problem on and off for months. Most recent was last night in the middle of a W10 insider upgrade (14926) when it went into a bootloop (not 'cold' but same issue) on reboot and totally messed up the install.. I've been getting crashed and freezes and slowdowns all day and neither sfc, chkdsk, dism or reverting to the previous install has helped.

Anwway...
    In my case, a lot of the time, resetting the bios won't even fix it and the only thing that gets me up and running is to pull out a stick of ram temporarily. Sometimes this fails too but then resetting the bios will work, as it sometimes forces the bios to flash itself from the second chip(F6). I've given up installing any later bios as I'll just lose it again after a few days. I've also given up turning off my PC and I usually just put it to sleep instead.

I created a ticket at Gigabyte a few months ago but they were mostly unhelpful, or playing dumb... They sent me the F8a bios but wouldn't answer any questions about it(?), but it didn't do any good.

It's mad that this problem is still around after 4 years...

I haven't read the whole thread but on my old P45 board, I solved the problem by adding a HDD delay of about 3 seconds (Bios setting deep in the menus). I guessed this let the power supply rails settle down a bit before attempting to use the boot drive.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information