Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

Default Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

ive read disabling cpu pll overvoltage helps with sleep and or reboot loops? dont know if youve tried that?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Default Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    ive read disabling cpu pll overvoltage helps with sleep and or reboot loops? dont know if youve tried that?

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.p...c,7895.30.html
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

For sure, that will solve it for some users!! But, please keep in mind when suggesting that to others that it will also limit their overclock to whatever CPU multi they can use without CPU PLL Overvoltage enabled.

It's very important that everyone remembers that when you suggest this fix to users, otherwise if they are using a higher CPU multiplier than their CPU will do without CPU PLL Overvoltage then they'll be stuck in the same or similar boot loops due to setting too high of a CPU multi with CPU PLL Disabled. I think you all know what I mean, if anyone needs that said better let me know! :)

Just posting an update on this for anyone following via email updates

Stasio posted a bunch of new BIOS this week and last, they should solve these issues for you guys!
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...-bios-544.html

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

More bios updates for your guys with these boot issues.

- Update ME / CPU code

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...-bios-544.html
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Hey All,

Call me crazy, but if the issue around the loop problem is based on the "test memory post" why not just utilize the "smart quick boot" feature.
    Either via Smart 6 or if their the bios?
    Enabling this it is designed to do only one quick hardware check
    Would this be a viable workaround for the loop issues.

Comments and thoughts appreciated,,,

Sorry to anyone subscribed on this thread, I thought I updated it last week but now see I didn't!!

Here's an update on the issues
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post416965

Please pass this info along to your fellow Gigabyte users, thanks!

Test 3 models of Z68 boards with the following BIOS:

1.) Z68X-UD7 with BIOS F10

2.) Z68XP-UD3 with BIOS F9g

3.) Z68AP-DS3 with BIOS FB

Our test results:

1.) Press CTRL + ALT + DEL keys when during boot up or in DOS mode >> Cannot see “continuous reboot loop”, nor “Waiting for ME ready”, nor “system overclocking failure” message. The system just reboot fine.

2.) Press the Reset button

A.) Press the button quickly and release immediately >> Cannot see any issue.

B.) Press the reset button for one second or so (This is not normal behavior.) >> System will shut down, and then power on by itself. Then the “Waiting for ME ready” message appears and then system will shut down and power on by itself again. Sometimes, it will show “System overclock failure” message.

Moreover…

According our testing before,
    the issue of “continuous reboot loop” can be fixed by flashing the Backup BIOS with the same version as the main BIOS (latest one).
    We Flash the Backup BIOS with the same BIOS version for the main BIOS version before test.
    So be careful with that reset button and it should also work properly now too! But I still say avoid if/when possible :D

And always keep backup BIOS up to date matching with the main BIOS. And of course keep up to date with beta BIOS releases as they are always improving!

Cool Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding cold boot loop problem hitting the P67 / Z68 boards??

Quote Originally Posted by Spurst View Post
    This board is currently sold at a local Microcenter and is a currently selling product - to this very day. Also, and more importantly, it was the requested board from the customer, specifically chosen for this build, based upon positive industry reviews of said board.

I was not aware this board is no longer in its current product life cycle or supported by Gigabyte. In fact, the Gigabyte website is also unaware of this change.

Truth be told, the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 rev 1.3 is a currently marketed product and holds a 3 year warranty according to the website and product documentation. If this product is somehow outdated, unsupported, or a mistake, brick and mortar stores should cease sales of said product.

However, I think we both know that is NOT the case, and that this product is still in the product support life cycle.

Were you someone who also builds and sells custom systems for clients, you'd know better than to build systems with freshly released boards due to the new and unknown nature of "new" boards. So I disagree with your statement - I FULLY expected support on some "official" level from the Gigabyte UK forums - thinking those were the official forums (despite the .uk), only to be told the "official" Gigabyte US Forum is here. I guess I hope that "official" support comes at these boards, should these truly be the Gigabyte US support forums. I haven't had very much luck getting support via email.

I appreciate the user support, as we all try and work through this issue, but my expectation is that the MANUFACTURER solves this problem, not the customer. If we solve it, great as it will be great to have the issue resolved. But in that case, shame on Gigabyte for allowing that to happen before they can support their own product line.

jaggerwild, I'm sorry that was so harsh, but your original reply was fairly insulting - implying that I chose an old product so I deserve no support. The 1.3 revision board isn't that old, from my understanding.

What is INSULTING is the fact you claim to be a system builder LOL and want Gigabyte(witch is located in Asia) they are also ASUS to as I assume you know to drop what there doing and rush rush right over here, for a person that claims to be a system builder. Mr. smart ass, take a look at the stickie's in this section(gigabyte) NOTICE THE WARRANTY DISCUSSION IS BANNED if you search for the thread that caused it, you'll notice I was the one who got that put up there(RMA discussion banned) . I've used EVERY Gigabyte mother board(except AMD version) since the 680/X48/P45 EVERY ONE OF THEM HAS this, it is a built in power phase thing. As stated but I guess you can't read your own threat one guy said " only way to NOT have this happen is to clear CMOS" Every mod in this thread and all the posters HAVE gigabyte Mother boards, THEY ALL HAVE this on there system. BUT YOU MR SYSTEM BUILDER WITH A PEACE OF PAPER ON THE WALL are gonna edumacate Gigabyte on how they SHOULD CONDUCT business, mean while you haven't even verified the TURN OF PLL OVERVOLTAGE in the BIOS.
    YOUR A REAL PROFESSIONAL MR SYSTEM BUILDER you may have a peace of paper stating you know something, but as we all know A ROCKET SCIENTIST can't socialize with common folk, your reply alone states something like of a MICKEY MOUSE operation. I have no paper on my wall, but I taught myself everything I needed to know. My work consists of baby sitting 6000 slot machines at a time, witch as you know are nothing more than a over priced computer with fancy casing and bling lighting. I have to fix these on the spur of the moment down to the component level ALL THE WHILE THE GUEST IS COMPLAINING THEY WERE RIPPED OFF for a JACK POT they most assuredly were gonna win.
    Here's a suggestion MR SYSTEM BUILD try to STFU and use one of the new bios, or infact as there IS NO REAL ISSUE WITH YOUR COMPUTER (OTHER THAN YOU) simply STFU..................

HAVE A GREAT DAY MR SYSTEM BUILDER!
    Last edited by jaggerwild; 02-29-2012 at 02:43 AM.
    Asus RIVE
    Intel 3930K WATER
    RIPJAWX2133 16GB
    SLI-Asus GTX780 TI DCII OC
    CorsairAX1200

http://www.3dmark.com/3dmv/5003339

Quote Originally Posted by Spurst View Post
    This issue is pretty wide-spread, and I've had little luck trying to get support on it at the Gigabyte UK forums, and they told me tweaktown has the "official" US support forum.

For some background and other users:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1034724/gigabyte-p67-z68-boot-cycling-problem/590

That thread is going on 62 pages long now. I have this problem, as do numerous other users. Support is aware of the issue as other users have gotten through, but we're not getting updates, or solid fixes. Can we at last know what the internal status on resolution for said problem is?

The thread at Gigabyte UK:
    Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding Z68 cold boot?
    I've linked to all three threads in case we solve the issue.

The Problem/Symptoms:

If you have this problem, please post your system specs, so maybe we can try and figure out some type of resolution.

My specs:
    Z68X-UD3H-B3
    i5 2500k
    Cooler Master Hyper 212
    2x 4gb Corsair XMS DDR3 (also tried crucial ballistix)
    SATA RAID 0 2x WD raptor 36g
    SATA RAID 0 2x Seagate 7200.12 500g
    Galaxy GTX 460 SLI 768
    Lite-ON DVDRW
    Sony Blu Ray
    PCP&C 760Watt PSU

What I have personally tried -
    • Every other BIOS listed for this board - nothing fixes it.
    • 2 other known working 700+ Watt power supplies
    • i3 2100
    • different PCI-E video card
    • Known working RAM (verified via memtest)
    • Different brands / different # sticks of known working RAM
    • No RAID / different HD
    • Different DVD-Rom

I've found that manually setting my memory voltage to 1.65v and QPI/VTT to 1.2v seems to cut down on the boot loop. Doesn't entirely fix it, but does cut down the occurrence.
    Hey Spurst, have you had any success or found anything else out? I've been through 3 of these exact motherboards, all Revision 1.3 and I've had this problem no matter what I've attempted. I too have tried two power supplies, an OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W and a Corsair 850W T2. I have 16GB Corsair XMS DDR 1600 that I've tried as one stick, two sticks, or all four sticks in different slots. I've moved the QPI/VTT voltage from 1.05v up to 1.25v and a variety of voltages inbetween. I've changed the VDIMM from the default 1.5v to 1.65v and the variations inbetween. I've disabled PLL Overvoltage. Of course, I flashed my backup BIOS to match my main BIOS. I've even disconnected my graphics cards and all of my hard drives. I've also read almost all of the Gigabyte UK forum posts on this subject and most other threads on this. As you mention when I bump the QPI/PTT voltage the problem still occurs but it happens less often. Of course, I've tried BIOS F6, F7c,d,e and the current F7. In spite of what other people say, the F7 has not fixed this cold boot issue for two of the boards. The 3rd board I've tried had a BIOS problem that prevented me from flashing the BIOS so I wouldn't know.

I too am past the return period and sadly when I first bought this board I didn't notice the problem because I never turned my computer off. This problem happens at cold boot. You turn it on, it says that there are overclocking/voltage problems even when everything is at stock speeds, and then you get the "Waiting for ME Ready 9...8...7... etc problem then it shuts down and reloops. For me I fix it by continually pressing reset and then eventually it gets through.

If anyone has any further suggestions, or if anyone has actually had this problem fixed with the new F7 BIOS, I would love to hear what you did. I've spent a lot of time on this issue and I'm thinking very seriously about getting an Asus P8Z68-Pro Gen 3 or buying a Z77.

My system:
    i2500k (Corsair H60 cooler with push/pull)
    CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W
    Corsair XMS 3 16GB 1.5v
    240GB Mushkin Chronos Deluxe
    2x Radeon 6950 2GB (unlocked)
    random hard drives
    blu ray burner
    3x Dell Ultrasharp 24" monitors (2x 2408WFP, 1x U2410)
    Last edited by allenwr1505; 03-23-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Did you flash the backup BIOS to match the main? If not, you need to do this, here's how (you may need to use PS/2 keyboard or USB to PS/2 adapter)
    GIGABYTE Tech Daily: Video guide how to update your backup bios on GIGABYTE P67 boards

Avoid using the reset button as well, and be sure you start by loading optimized defaults in the BIOS, then save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS to set your SATA settings for windows and any other changes you need.

Then do the backup BIOS flash as mentioned above

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information