Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Begin to update backup BIOS" Loop on startup

Default Re: "Begin to update backup BIOS" Loop on startup

i am having a very similar problem with me gigabyte ga-970a-d3.

upon boot it gives me that issue and then restarts and does it again. ive tried updating the bios to fix the problem and still no help. not sure what to do. also when i check in the bios is says there is only one bios listed with its vr.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Some BIOSes only show a single version of the BIOS in the BIOS system info.

Have you tried updating the backup BIOS yourself manually? If not, grab a PS/2 keyboard and watch this video on how to do that
    GIGABYTE Tech Daily: Video guide how to update your backup bios on GIGABYTE P67 boards

Also, please post your full specs for us and let us know if you are overclocking, or if you have set anything in the BIOS manually such as ram voltage, ect.

Please be sure you are using optimized defaults in the BIOS as a starting point, not Fail Safe as that often can lead to issues.

thanks. well i havent over clocked anything and just built this pc with my recent move to china.

specs:
    500w cooler master gx bronze
    mobo: ga-970a-d3
    amd phenom 2 fx6100
    corsair vengence 8gb (2x 4gb)
    windows 7

Does it run ok with a single 4GB stick of memory? If so, you may just need to adjust your memory voltage or QPI/Vtt

i tested it with only one stick of ram in and no change. also when i try booting with alt+f12 all i get is the boot order selection menu and no backup bios screen. i am using a usb keyboard with legacy usb selected and i dont currently have a ps/2 keyboard on hand but i dont think that should matter should it?

Yes, you may have to use a PS/2 keyboard, or at least a USB to PS/2 adapter if you don't have a PS/2 keyboard. If you don't have any of that, keep trying with your USB KB, and be sure to try both ALT keys too.

I hold alt on startup, then press F12 a time or two when I see the first screen with the BIOS version, CPU info, and memory count on it. Did you already update to the latest BIOS too?

Just checking again, because sometimes this will flash the backup for you. If you didn't already please go ahead and update to the latest BIOS using DOS or Qflash

ill probably get a ps/2 adapter here in a little bit to try, but i had this problem before and after i updated the bios im on 8e right now i used qflash to do it.

and thanks for your help.

Qflash will work ok with USB keyboards, it's just the hotkeys at startup sometimes don't depending on the KB.

everything seems to work alright with a usb keyboard even in the bios i dont have much trouble but ive never been able to get that alt+F12 to work

Then it sounds like your keyboard is one of the incompatible USB ones for hotkeys at bootup, you'll need to get a USB to PS/2 adapter and connect that when you want to use these hotkeys.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information