Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help please.

Default Help please.

Hello all, im fairly new at the building my own gaming computer rig, just started. So here's my problem.
    Everything that I have learned thus far has been read about in books. I know no one that can help me
    or teach me the ropes, That being said:

I bought a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R mobo about a year ago, I also bought 3 xms3 DDR3 RAM sticks
    (6g total) to fit in the board. Everything was working fine! until I decided to buy 3 more and up my
    RAM to 12g. When I put the other 3 in the DDR_4 5 and 6 slots. The computer would turn on, but the
    screen would stay black. No booting to BIOS or anything!

When I take the 3 out, the computer works fine again, accept now I cant even get into BIOS. I was
    pressing delete to enter at start up, but to no avail. I cant reset the computer to default, or change the
    voltage if that is any real problem at all, I don't know im not an electrician. Also ET6 is not working, I get
    an error message saying something about Debugging, (I don't know what that is).

Here's my rig:

X58A-UD3R
    Core i-7 Bloomfield 3.0ghz
    (Cooler-master V8 CPU cooler)
    6g RAM
    600G HD Western Digital
    Nvidia GeForce 460 SE
    Corsair 800W PSU
    ASUS rewritable dvd/cd burner
    HAF case.

---------------------------------------------

Any ideas on how to fix this? Or how to even start troubleshooting this?
    I was thinking about doing a system restore, but something is telling me not
    to go and do that.

soooooooo upset right now, how the hell is someone supposed to know all of this? Everything changes so frequently I have to
    be reading books every week to see whats new and what the new acronyms are...Grrrr!!

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Help please.

Both your memory kits are the same? What is the model(s)/part number?
    In waht slots you had the memory installed with 3 sticks only?
    What is the board revision(printed above the afr PCIe slot I/O panel side) and what the BIOS version installed?
    Is XMP enabled in BIOS or not?

Corsair XMS3 's 3 per pack 2gigs each
    Serial - CMX6GX3M3A1333C9
    1333MHz 9-9-9-24 1.50V ver2.13
    -----------------------------------------------
    In slots DDR_1 DDR_3 DDR_5
    Board revision is 2.0
    Don't know the BIOS version, or if XMP is enabled. cant access BIOS at all.

at the starting screen says GIGABYTE at the bottom there are some key commands
    NONE of them work. :( :( :(

So you added the ram in slots 2, 4 and 6? because you wrote 4, 5 and 6.
    Take the new sticks out, and check BIOS version, XMP is probably not available as these are DDR-1333.
    Try increasing QPI/VTT to 1.3v/1.35v, save and reboot, shut the PC down and add the new memory.
    Also disable full screen logo(Advanced BIOS features) so you can see where exactly what stage it stuck.

EDIT: also check BIOS HW monitor for applied memory voltage.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

If you continue to have issues entering the BIOS try using a different keyboard, or a PS/2 one if you are using USB KB now.

As for easytune, you must uninstall your current version to update it, then install the latest from here. And also be sure you have all the latest windows updates installed too, including the optional .NET ones.
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList..._et6_intel.exe

Hmm, Ill run an update check on everything, but I'm pretty good on keeping up to date on things.
    Okay so I changed the QPI/VTT Voltage to 1.315 and removed the start up logo. I tried to read
    the text, all I could read before it started was Mem - good - ok or something like that.

I cant uninstall Gigabyte software for some reason, it tells me its open somewhere else and the only
    option I have is to try again, but it doesnt work.

And now Smart6 doesnt work. I also found that under close inspection of the RAM modules, the versions are different
    I dont know if that would make a difference, but 3 modules are version 2.13 and the others are 2.3

Not really sure what to try now. Idea's?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

To uninstall easytune, open the Gigabyte start menu folder, then ET, then there will be an uninstall link.

If you continue to have this error, show me pics of it, and show me pics of where and how you are trying to uninstall it.

I'm not familiar with those memory versions, but I do know that Corsair uses different versions for different chips, so those may or may not work together smoothly or at all.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 01-29-2012 at 03:57 PM.

One step at a time, do you have the whole 6 modules installed and running now(e.g. windows sgows 12GB memory).
    Did you check applied memory voltage in BIOS HW monitor? If it's over 1.5 by much try setting DRAM Voltage manually to 1.5-1.52v.
    IMO it would be a good idea to use the same modules in each channel possible, so it will be one channel ver. 2.13 second channel ver. 2.3 and the last channel mixed.

rclark is offline Member

Hey Dane,
    I have the same motherboard as you and am using 1600 DDR3 ( 3 sticks for a total of 6g ). I did the same thing as you ( and actually a good friend of mine with this board also did this) and thought of upgrading to 12 g and bought the exact same modules and put in my machine and it was very unstable. It turns out that the best thing to do was to buy the whole kit as one, even if the modules are the same but made at different times, it was said it "could" cause some issues. There are some post somewhere on this site regarding this.
    --rclark--

to turn off easytune right click the taskbar/start tast manager then look for easytune.exe in the processes list/tab,and click end process,this will shut easytune down and let you uninstall it

for your ram first makesure your using latest bios for your mb,flash with newest @bios

then test your newer ram sticks in the white slots only just to makesure they are all working,then add in the other 3sticks into the blue slots so all 6 ram slots are filled then see if you can get to the bios,you will need around 1.35v for 12gb depending on what speed your running them at
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information