Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 990 fxa ud5 etron usb 3 chips set driver

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: 990 fxa ud5 etron usb 3 chips set driver

So you aren't using the latest BIOS? If not, please update as mentioned, your warranty will be fine! Just please do NOT use @BIOS, use DOS or Qflash

Once you have updated the BIOS, go into the BIOS and load optimized defaults, then save/apply/reboot BACK to the BIOS. Once in the BIOS again set all settings you need to change, such as USB related ones, memory voltage, and don't forget to set SATA back to what you originally set for windows to properly load.

Then if the device is still not working you'll need to give Gigabyte the exact and full product name and model, and tell them it is not compatible with the latest BIOS, and ask if they will obtain the same device and test and then correct the issue.

have updated the bios and is still the same the dock starts up but as soon as i copy files to them they just shut down
    have let gigabyte know

thanks
    mark

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

OK, thanks for testing the latest BIOS. You did load optimized defaults to start with correct, just checking?

That's all you can do, if they can get the company to send them one of those docks, or if they can buy one I'm sure they will, and then they will test to replicate the issues and correct it if they can.

Don't waste your time with the Etron EJ168A USB 3.0 Host Controller.

See all these links with unhappy users:
    Let's start with the most serious bug, until version 0.101 the Etron drivers could cause random BSOD even if you didn't use the USB 3.0 ports. See these forums:
    Solved Random BSOD Driving me crazy! - Page 8 - Windows 7 Forums

New Sandybridge Build BSODs!! HALP!!

[CRASH] Getting BSOD on new build!! HELP!

Not only is it less reliable than the Renesas solution found on most boards, it is slower as well:
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Review: Page 9
    Quote: "This board is the first time I have seen the Etron EJ168A controller, and I have to say, it sucks."

See this review:
    Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Gen 2 32GB Flash Drive Review - Real World File Transfer Tests - Legit Reviews

On a German site they are building up a list with compatible and incompatible USB devices:
    Etrontech-USB3 Controller (EJ168A) Kompatibilitätsliste - page 1 - Intel Mainboards - PCTreiber Forum

See this user having problems:
    USB 3.0 ports not responding? - Other-Components - CPU-Components

Or this user:
    ASRock Extreme4 Front Panel USB 3.0 ports Performance Issues! - [H]ard|Forum

Users start to RMA Asrock mainboards with this Etron controller and exchange them for Asus:
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1785632
    http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1789651

See these forum postings on tweaktown:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...0-problem.html

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...-problems.html

asrock extreme 4 gen 3, slow usb 3 speed on front panel.

See this German forum:
    "The Etron EJ168A USB 3.0 controller is a disaster"
    ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3: Etron EJ168A USB 3.0 Controller ist eine Katastrophe! - Intel Mainboards - PCTreiber Forum

Forum posting in German language:
    "Warning! The new EtronTech EJ168A USB 3.0 Host Controller is incompatible with USB 3.0 devices having JMicron JMS539 chipset"
    ACHTUNG: Die neue USB 3.0 Host Controller von EtronTech EJ168A inkompatibel mit USB 3.0 Geräten die den Controler JMicron JMS539 verwenden! - Sockel 1155 - GIGABYTE Forum

Let me be clear on this, it is not Gigabyte's fault, the problem it is inside the EtronTech USB 3.0 Host Controller chip. I can post more links with unhappy users if you need.
    Last edited by bat4; 02-18-2012 at 05:30 PM.

u are right the etron chip sucks i cant get much to work on the usb3.0 ports have beening emailing gigabyte and they are going to test [ weather they do or not any ones guess ] i did send my board back to were i got it from they tested
    and dident find anything wrong with it and just said it was in incompatibility with the vantec dock i had , and in my way of thinking all these boards gigabyte , asrock and any other that use the etron chip should be all recalled but that wont happenend so here in good old australia iam $200.00 down i have to go out and buy pcie card with the nec chip on it so i just get the front usb 3.0 to work.

why did they change from the nec chip ?????????????????????? i had the 890fxa ud5 board and never had a problem at all.

so who is to blame well motherboards manufacturers they are the ones who contracted for these chips to put on there boards so they have to take responsibility for it.
    will do more research from now on before buying again

i just hope they get all fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy03 View Post
    why did they change from the nec chip ??????????????????????
    Because the Etron chip it is cheaper.

Just a update downloaded new ETRON 3.0 drivers from {station-driver} ver 112 thay seem to work WITH my vantec dock { JMicron JMS539 }slow but working its a start

maybe gigabyte should update ther drivers list that use the etron chip they still have ver 109 on the there website

mark

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy03 View Post
    Just a update downloaded new ETRON 3.0 drivers from {station-driver} ver 112 thay seem to work WITH my vantec dock { JMicron JMS539 }slow but working its a start

maybe gigabyte should update ther drivers list that use the etron chip they still have ver 109 on the there website

mark
    In case of the devices having JMicron JMS539 make sure you have the best firmware. I have a Silicon Power Armor A80 USB 3.0 HDD with Jmicron JMS539 and the best firmware for me was version 255.20.3.41.23 from J-MICRON drivers & utilitaires

Check Vantec site or contact JMicron for the most appropriate firmware. The firmware update is on your own risk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information