Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 990 fxa ud5 etron usb 3 chips set driver

Angry 990 fxa ud5 etron usb 3 chips set driver

Hi when will this problem be fixed i have so much headaches
    have updated to the latest drive to so usb3 is there one minute and gone the next
    now wishing i hadent upgraded very disappointed

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Default Re: 990 fxa ud5 etron usb 3 chips set driver

GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

THANKS BUT HAVE TRYED DRIVE VER 105 107 109 105 LASTED ABOUT 2 HOURS THEN DIED
    GIGABYTE NEED TO GET THIS FIXED but seems everybody is having problems with etron drivers
    they are just a hit and miss

thanks for your help

MY SYSTEM IS
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB ST31000528AS
    3 IN CASE 1 TB AND 2 TB IN DOCK

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
    OCZ Fatal1ty Series 750W Modular
    Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3
    Gigabyte Radeon HD6870 Overclocked Edition
    Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 Motherboard
    CoolerMaster CM Storm Inferno Mouse
    Vantec NexStar USB 3.0 Dual Bay Dock NST-D400S3

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Are you using a HUB, or just off the board itself? Does the drive stay visible if nothing is connected to it?

Default Re: 990 FXA UD5 etron usb 3 chips set driver

off the board and have tryed both the back too usb3 and front two and cant even get them to work with the dock at all
    they work with my flash drives fine both 2.0 just not with the usb3 dock and the dock worked fine on my old board 890FXA UD5 even went
    to vantec web site and updated the firmwere for the dock still wont work and the funny thing is the board works great apart from the usb3 ports this very frustrating and the dock works fine on my laptop and it has
    the NEC/RENESAS usb3 on board / for a board thats only 4 days old getting ready to send it back and buying a asus crosshair board

Well the dock might be incompatible with the board or BIOS, so you need to get the onboard ones working properly first before you even think about using a Hub.

ok cant get the dock with the hdd in it to work what so ever on the front to usb3 ports {will with usb2 no problems } can get them to off the back to usb3 ports on the
    motherboard can see all thr files even play movies but as soon as i try to copy anything to the drive they just turn off/power down
    i do have have a 500gig usb3 drive medion that uses the asmedia chipset works fine on all usb2/3 ports nut not my vantec that uses the JMicron JMS539 chipset
    so will there be a new drive coming out to resolve this iam now useing etron driver ver 109 ?????????????????????????????????????????????????
    { and before some asks yes all other usb ports work fine } so please gigabyte and Etron Technology Inc. pull your finger out off your A%#@$ and get this fixed
    and i dont see why i have to buy another dock. { god asus motherboard is looking good }

So, you confirm that it's the hub then right? You said your 500GB drive using the same chipset is fine on USB3 correct?

If so then it is a BIOS or driver issue, you'll need to pass along the full specs and model info to Gigabyte so they can try to address the issue, no need to get mad about it before you even try to ask them to fix it.

You can message them here, and include a link to this thread if you want. Be sure you send them the full model info of the device that's having issues so they can try to get that same device to test with.
    GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Then it's incompatible most likely as I mentioned, you'll need to get all the info to Gigabyte tech support so they can pass it along to the BIOS team for testing, so they can try to make it compatible.

yes have done this and there response { is this blow} i will be ringing the the place were i got the board from
    just to be shaw no warranty is broken with me updating bios as the board only 5 days old but looking more like incompatibility with the vantec dock or the chipset they use {Chipset: JMS539}
    asmedia works fine and stable on all usb3.0 ports back and front except for one in the front case so if i keep the board looks like another dock { any ideas on on a dock }??????

so thankyou for your help

mark

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, we suggest you can update your motherboard BIOS to the latest version and test again to see if there's a BIOS problem.

In fact, new version BIOS can fix some known system problem or improve H/W compatibility, please kindly update your BIOS version to F7h. Before update BIOS version, please do not forget to extract it first. You can click here to download BIOS version.

After bios updating, please do not forget to load BIOS fail-safe default setting and please also do not try to overclock your system at this moment.

And for BIOS update instructions, please click HERE. Please do not forget to load BIOS fail-safe default setting and please also do not try to overclock your system at this moment.

After updating BIOS, you may re-install the USB 3 driver. Please remove the existed driver and reboot. After restart, please install the driver from HERE and then reboot to see if the problem can be fixed.

If your USB 3 device still cannot be detected in the USB 3 port, we suggest you use another USB 3 device to test.

At last, if the above methods are tested, however the result isn't positive, we suggest you contact your supplier to arrange further examination for your product.

If you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
    GIGABYTE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information