Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some help

Default Need some help

Been a few years since i been on here, glad to see this forum is going strong. Im thinking of buying this motherboard Gigabyte EP45T-ES3G, cant find many reviews on it, there is only 1 bios and 1 beta, but its been out since 2011. Does anybody have experience with this board, is it a good overclocking board ? I want to run a core 2 duo e7500 with it, but cant find any solid information, which worries me.

Chike is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Need some help

It's not an overclocking board, it looks like an upgrade for older systems(a lot of PCI slots and jusr 1 PCIex1).
    Do you have the E7500 or are you going to buy it too?
    Why do you want to buy this old technology now?

Quote Originally Posted by Chike View Post
    It's not an overclocking board, it looks like an upgrade for older systems(a lot of PCI slots and jusr 1 PCIex1).
    Do you have the E7500 or are you going to buy it too?
    Why do you want to buy this old technology now?
    Well i can get this board, e7500, 8 gigs of ram, its all slightly used, for $100, thats why. Im looking for a low budget system, so i cant afford high end stuff at this point, i wish i could. The p45 chipset is pretty good at overclocking, so why isnt it a good overclocker ?

Chike is offline Senior Member

With 8GB rm and it works? Good deal for 100$
    Yes p45 is great overclocker but the board options are a bit limiting
    I guess you would be able to overclock it a bit, at least t0 3.3GHz and slightly better memory performance with stock cooler.

Found out the guy used it for a server, so its been running 24/7 , im going to keep looking for another board, thanks for your help

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Just so you know, while you look for another board, the ES3G is why Chike said it isn't a good overclocker, that's more of a budget orientated model.

You want EP45 - UD3 or above, such as UD3R, UD3P, UD4, UD5, ect. I see a few here at ebay, but of course they don't come with memory or a CPU :(
    GA-EP45 | eBay

Luckily for you memory is super cheap these days, so all you really need to worry about is finding a decent priced board and CPU. That actually isn't a bad deal on the listing you mention (170783705252), but if you want to really overclock you'll need to find a better board, but then you'll already have the memory and CPU. Tough to decide there I guess, all depends on how much $$ you want to spend.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-16-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Just so you know, while you look for another board, the ES3G is why Chike said it isn't a good overclocker, that's more of a budget orientated model.

You want EP45 - UD3 or above, such as UD3R, UD3P, UD4, UD5, ect. I see a few here at ebay, but of course they don't come with memory or a CPU :(
    GA-EP45 | eBay

Luckily for you memory is super cheap these days, so all you really need to worry about is finding a decent priced board and CPU. That actually isn't a bad deal on the listing you mention (170783705252), but if you want to really overclock you'll need to find a better board, but then you'll already have the memory and CPU. Tough to decide there I guess, all depends on how much $$ you want to spend.
    Hey there LSDMEASAP, been a few years since you helped me. Can you tell me what you think if this board Gigabyte EP45T- USB3P, how is it for overclocking, i know it takes ddr3, i may be able to pick it up for $50.

Hey, I'm still here, and I'll be around to help in another few years too if you need help then

That's a pretty good board, much better than the ES3G you mentioned previously! It would be a good overclocker, and DDR3 is cheap these days too!

What are your other options now though? I ask because P45 seems to run better with DDR2 actually, so if you have others boards in mind that are still affordable too they might be better choices.

Question for you, why i am not able to find this board gigabyte 965p-dq6 rev 3.3 i cant find it on UK, China, Canada, America ebay sites, its impossiable, why is that. I heard its a great socket 775 board and am looking for one, but they dont exist as far as i can see, any ideas ?

That is VERY OLD chipset, released in 2006, that's why you can't find it. You don't want that anyway, you want P35, X48, or P45, and preferably P45 as it's the best and newest for socket 775

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information