Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-MA790FX-DS5 oh dear

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA790FX-DS5 oh dear

Sorry to hear!! They are so tiny, so I'm sure trying too hard may end up breaking them too, so I doubt trying from behind would help either.

Yes, if the serial on the board does not match the box then it's either a RMA or sent to you in the wrong box as in used and repackaged in the wrong box. Only Gigabyte RMA dept. would be able to tell you for sure from both numbers if either had been RMA'd. That's crazy, why would you need to send them the ram you want to use?? They don't have any DDR3? Not like it matters, you don't need memory to repair the slot, or replace the board.

Gigabyte may or may not RMA it for you, due to the damage I mean. The policy is no on user damage, but I've seen plenty of users bend their socket pins and get a socket replaced or new/refurb boards sent out to them, so you could setup a RMA and put the image and info in your comments and see what they say.

What sounds dodgy to me is your comments from the buyer, about RMA boards or refurbs. Since he said it's new, but you said the serials do not match, so that right there is a lie on his part since he said it was new. If it was new board and box the serials would match, even if it came new via RMA because they would just grab a new board/box and send it out. They aren't going to send out new boards in old boxes, they would just toss the old stuff and send all new. When they do replace a board, with a refurbished one (NOT NEW), it comes in a plain white OEM box like you'd see on the inside of a retail box. Any new board would come with a new box, and matching board/box serials, anything other than that is actually a refurbished board and is not new.

His comments on you having to send in your memory as well as the board is also very dodgy, followed up by his latter comments of "If it doesn't work, too bad" If you are dealing with this on ebay I'd push a return for a damaged product, and or possibly SNAD due to the contradictory refurbished/new situation. Almost 99% of the time ebay decides in the buyers favor, and since this is sketchy I'm sure you'd get a refund from them!

Chike is offline Senior Member

I can't see how user may bend those pins unless the slot was damaged to begin with.
    I have also no idea of their warrenty policy for refurbished boards, but it is worth to contact them and ask.

Ya, it would be very difficult to bend yourself, without sticking something in there other than memory!

Warranty goes by date of manufacturer on the board sticker, I don't think refurb matters to them just that date.

I've opened a ticket with gigabyte and explained my situation. I've asked weather they would except the board as RMA. I realise they may just say "take it up with the seller" but i have nothing to lose at this point

Yes, actually they will. I know all AU RMA's are done with the resellers, I know from helping someone there with a RMA in the past.

But I think the retailer there has to talk to Gigabyte too, so if they say "yes, it's OK - contact reseller" then you can forward that to your reseller when you setup the RMA.

"yes, it's OK - contact reseller" That's what I am hoping for. It's all a waiting game atm. I expect it will be few days before I get a reply.

Hopefully that's what you hear!! I think the RMA dept. is a little faster to reply than tech support, so hopefully you wont have to wait too awful long.

Good luck!

No joy as yet. I had explained about the sellers refusal to RMA the board on the grounds it is mechanical damage and he reckons gigabyte wont cover that. I just got the standard answer for the moment so I've tried to reword my question

Answer :

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. We are sorry to hear the problem that you have. We suggest you to contact your supplier (where you bought the product) and see if they could help you do the further examination. Meanwhile, we are sorry that we are unable to see the "three pins in one slot were not in the the plug" situation from the image you attached.

Notice: The warranty terms are dependent on your sale of contract and are what ever your supplier sold you. Please kindly contact your supplier and they shall follow a standard RMA procedure and send the board to the local distributor for RMA service for you.

Best Regards,
    GIGABYTE

Ya, you may need to ask in a different way. Show the image again, and say you will RMA with your supplier, but want to know if they will approve a RMA with the supplier and repair that, or deny the RMA due to user damage.

If all else fails, RMA with the supplier and hope for the best! I doubt the supplier would see those, even if they inspect the board before sending it out, which they might not even do. Most would be looking for physical damage to the PCB, like bent corners and scratches, or bent CPU socket pins. Pins bent like that in a memory slot are so small and I doubt anyone at a supply place would even look into the memory slots.

*Edit* Ahh, forgot you already mentioned the damage to him. Hmmm, not sure what to do there? Lying and saying Gigabyte said it's OK comes to mind, but that's not cool I suppose :)

I'm sure Gigabyte would repair it, I've seen badly trashed CPU sockets and they repaired or replaced them. If worse comes to worse, contact Dinos22 here via PM, and maybe he can help you sort it out, he works for Gigabyte AU
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-22-2012 at 04:12 PM.

Nar I wont lie to get it fixed. If I cant get a decent answer out of gigabyte I guess I will just have to live with 3 ram slots but that wouldn't be so cool either

Thanks for the heads up on who to contact. I'll wait a few more days for a reply from gigabyte first

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information